The Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) offers Fulbright Grants for Malaysian students. Grants are available for graduate level study (Masters or Ph.D. degrees) in the United States for FY2017-2018 academic year.
The aim of the Fulbright Grants is to enable and encourage academically able students from Malaysia.
User Review( votes)
The Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) was founded in 1963 as a binational commission for Malaysia and the United States to promote educational exchange between the two countries.
Applicants must have a TOEFL* score of at least 100 (iBT) on a test taken no more than two years prior to the time of application.
Course Level: Grants are available for pursuing graduate level study (Masters or PhD.degrees) in the United States.
Study Subject(s): Preference will be given to those proposals which are consistent with MACEE’s overall thematic approach for Fulbright awards, emphasizing these general areas of study:
• American Studies
• Malaysian Studies
• Islamic Studies
• Comparative Religion
• Economics and Technology Transfer
• Issues in Contemporary Society
• International Relations
However, students applying for any other field of study than those mentioned above are encouraged to apply, as all highly qualified applicants will be considered. Students applying for MBA should take note that preferences are given to other fields of study.
Scholarship Award: Awards will be partial grants or otherwise require cost-sharing from the candidate’s home institution, scholarships or other funding from the admitting university or from personal resources. The amount of any specific award will be based upon available funding and other criteria as determined by the academic committee during the selection process. All decisions regarding category and amount of grant shall be final. Similarly, the amount of renewal funding shall be contingent upon financial circumstances affecting the Commission. For graduate degree grants, efforts will be made to retain funding levels from the first to the second year. However, students should not assume this will take place.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: To be considered for selection under this program, students shall:
- Possess Malaysian citizenship;
- Be no more than 35 years of age at the time of application. Applicant above 35 years of age will be considered on the case by case basis.
- Be in good health;
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with Honors (Hons.) and cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or its equivalent;
- Have a TOEFL* score of at least 100 (iBT) on a test took no more than two years prior to the time of application (note: certain fields and/or institutions may require a higher score). Applicants must should provide the test date if you haven’t taken the test. Please designate your score reports to the Institute of International Education (IIE). Institution code for TOEFL & GRE exam: 2326, GMAT: FOF-4J-28
- Have a GMAT*, GRE*, GRE subject test* with a minimum score as required by the institution of their choice.
- Be available for interview in Kuala Lumpur.
- Be prepared to return to Malaysia immediately upon completion of the study.
Nationality: Students from Malaysia can apply for these Fulbright grants.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with Honors (Hons.) and cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or its equivalent.
Test Requirement: Applicants must have a GMAT*, GRE*, GRE subject test* with a minimum score as required by the institution of their choice.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have a TOEFL* score of at least 100 (iBT) on a test taken no more than two years prior to the time of application.
How to Apply: Please mail 4 sets of completed application to MACEE by August 5th, 2016. A complete application include :
- Application form with a photograph.
- Certified true copies of university transcript(s) for all years of academic study.
- Certified true copies of degree certificates.
- Copies of TOEFL/GMAT/GRE score reports.
- Three letters of reference. At least one academic and one
professional or work related letters preferred. Letters of reference should not be written by persons related to you or by personal friends. The letter is confidential and should be in a sealed envelope and not required to make copies.
- Most universities will require that graduate students (regardless of field of study) included a thesis abstract or research paper (translated into English) that was completed during previous university-level studies.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 5, 2016.