The scholarship program is to enable talented Chinese students to undertake a PhD program at Imperial. The CSC Imperial Scholarships are supported jointly and equally by both Imperial and the CSC.
Best offer for applicants
User Review( votes)
Imperial College London is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom. Its founder, Prince Albert, envisioned an area composed of the Victoria and Albert Museum, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall, and the Imperial Institute.
Why at Imperial College London? Imperial is one of the best universities in the world. They have a long and proud history at being of the forefront of technology. From finch to medical discoveries to drones, the Imperial community is focused on challenges and opportunities in the future.
Study Subject(s): All subjects are offered by the university.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing PhD degree level.
Scholarship Provider: Imperial College London and China Scholarship Council.
Scholarship can be taken at: UK
- Chinese students with a strong academic background.
- Students must hold a PR Chinese passport (applicants from Hong Kong or Taiwan are not eligible). Applicants can either be resident in China at the time of application or studying overseas.
- Students with prior experience of studying overseas (including in the UK) are eligible to apply. Chinese Imperial graduates/Masters students are therefore eligible for the scheme
Scholarship Open for International Students: The students of China can apply for this scholarship.
The number of awards offered: There are 15 full scholarships per year available for students to start a PhD.
Duration of award: Scholarships will support either three years of study for a PhD or four years in certain cases where the student is required to undertake a one-year postgraduate degree prior to beginning their PhD.
What does it cover? Each scholarship covers the full cost of (overseas) tuition fees, a maintenance allowance, some additional costs, and a return airfare to China. This includes:
- International tuition fees
- Maintenance allowance equal to Imperial’s minimum stipend allowance in any given year (£17,009 in 2019-20) per year
- Up to £1,000 per year to attend conferences and cover other costs associated with their PhD
- One economy class return journey to China
How to Apply: The mode of applying is by online
Scholarship Application Deadline: January 31, 2019.