The FRA Education Foundation offers funding for unmarried, dependent children of past and present enlisted Navy medical personnel who have served with the Marine Corps. Student must be a U.S. Citizen. Applicant must be unmarried dependent child of the sponsor and you will attend post-high school freshman or sophomore undergraduate education at a state or regionally accredited institution of post secondary education in USA. Applications should be sent by post.
Study Subject(s): The grant is provided to learn any of the course offered by the accredited institution.
Course Level: This scholarship is for pursuing undergraduate degree level.
Scholarship Provider: FRA Education Foundation Colonel Hazel Elizabeth Benn, USMC
The award can be taken at: USA
User Review( votes)
Eligibility: 1. Applicant may apply for this FRA Education Foundation Colonel Hazel Elizabeth Benn, USMC, Scholarship only if:
Student should be a U.S. Citizen, and be an unmarried dependent child of the sponsor and you will attend post-high school freshman or sophomore undergraduate education at a state or regionally accredited institution of post secondary education situated in the United States.
Applicant’s sponsor must be a current member in good standing of the Fleet Reserve Association or a FRA member in good standing at time of death and served or is now serving in the U.S. Navy as an enlisted medical rating assigned to and serving with the U.S. Marine Corps.
All entries must be complete, accurate, legible, and printed in black ink.
2. We define Sponsor as an FRA member in good standing (living or deceased).
3. We define Head of Family as the person who provides support (housing, food, financial support etc.) to the applicant.
4. We define Dependent as an individual who meets the U.S. IRS definition as it relates to the sponsor or head of family.
5. Ensure that the information you enter about the sponsor accurately describes his/her latest military status. For example, if the sponsor is on active duty, the information must describe current affiliation, status, etc. If the sponsor is retired or deceased, the affiliation, status, etc., must be that which pertained to the sponsor at the time of retirement or death.
6. Gross income is to reflect total income from all sources. This includes investment income, savings income, retirement incomes, and all forms of military pays (base pay, BAH, BAS, family separation, sub pay, flight pay, combat/hazardous duty pay, etc.)
7. Net income is to reflect taxable income reported to IRS.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: The students of USA can apply for this application .
Description: The FRA Education Foundation offers a special funding for unmarried, dependent children of past and present enlisted Navy medical personnel who have served with the Marine Corps.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
What does it cover? Not Known
Notification: Scholarship recipients are notified via e-mail by early July. Recipient must be a U.S. Citizen and attend a college full time located in the United States. If you are selected to receive a FRA Education foundation grant, your photo and excerpts from your essay may be used for promotional materials. FRA is unable to notify applicants who’ve not been selected for a scholarship.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is post.
application Deadline: The deadline for USA undergraduate applications is April 15, 2013.