University of Canberra offers international postgraduate research scholarships to learn any of the courses for pursuing PhD degree level. To be eligible for an IPRS, an applicant must have completed a Bachelor degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded by the University as having an equivalent level of attainment. Candidates who are allocated an IPRS are not required to pay their tuition fees or Overseas Student Health Cover. The application deadline is 31st October 2013.
Study Subject (s): Scholarships are provided to learn any of the courses offered by the University of Canberra.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD degree level at University of Canberra.
Scholarship Provider: University of Canberra, Australia
Scholarship can be taken at: Australia
User Review( votes)
Eligibility: -To be eligible for an IPRS, an applicant must:
• Have completed a Bachelor degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded by the University as having an equivalent level of attainment;
• Be enrolled, or be seeking to enroll, as a full-time candidate in a Doctor of Philosophy course at the University in the year for which the award is to be allocated;
• Intend to enroll in an area of research concentration. These are areas in which the University has particular strength including a concentration of research resources;
• Be a citizen of any overseas country except New Zealand, and not hold Australian citizenship or Australian permanent resident status; and
• Not have consumed more than 2.5 equivalent full-time study load (EFTSL) (i.e. have been enrolled in a maximum of 2.5 years full-time equivalent (FTE study) in current enrollment in a higher degree by research at the time of applying for the IPRS.
–An IPRS will not be awarded to a candidate who:
• Is in receipt of an equivalent award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the IPRS rate to undertake the HDR. Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule;
• Is on paid study leave;
• Holds a research doctorate or equivalent;
• Has held an Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the IPRS.
• Is in receipt of any other scholarship under which course tuition fees are covered;
• Has consumed more than 2.5 EFTSL in current enrollment in a higher degree by research at the time of applying for the IPRS.
Scholarship Open for International Students: International students can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship Description: The University of Canberra is allocated an International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) each year. Applicants must be commencing a PhD. Candidates who are allocated an IPRS are not required to pay their tuition fees or Overseas Student Health Cover.
Number of award (s): Not Known
Duration of award (s): The duration of a full-time IPRS is three years for a candidate undertaking a Doctor of Philosophy course.
-Scholarship recipients will be assessed formally no less than annually through the Annual Progress Report process for continued eligibility of their awards.
-The duration of an IPRS will be reduced by any period of study undertaken: towards the degree prior to the commencement of the IPRS: or towards the degree during suspension of the IPRS.
What does it cover? The maximum value of an IPRS in a year is equal to:
– The annual course cost, as determined by the University; plus
-The cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the
-Australian Government Department of Health and Aging and which covers the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the period of the IPRS.
-An IPRS scholarship recipient will concurrently be awarded either an Australian Postgraduate Award or a University of Canberra Higher Degree by Research Stipend to assist with general living expenses.
-An IPRS scholarship does not cover the cost of student union or amenities fees, costs associated with overseas fieldwork, bridging English language course or travel expenses associated with the relocation of the recipient to take up the award.
Selection criteria: Selection of IPRS recipients will be undertaken by the University Research Scholarships Committee on the basis of academic merit and research potential.
Notification: Only successful applicants will be notified. All successful applicants will be contacted up until the 20th of December 2013.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is electronically.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 31st October 2013.