TANA Foundation of USA is pleased to announce seven $2000/- (two thousand dollars) graduate funding opportunities for Telugu students who are currently residing in Andhra Pradesh ONLY to pursue higher education in the USA in 2017-2018 academic year.
Applicants must have been admitted to a Graduate School in a US University in 2017-2018 academic year. Students already in the USA will not be eligible to apply.
User Review( votes)
- Course Level: Graduate degree
- Study Subject: The studentships are provided for the courses offered by Graduate Schools in US Universities.
- Number of Awards: Seven $2000/- (two thousand dollars) graduate funding opportunities for Telugu students.
- Award: Each scholarship recipient will receive $500 each semester upon submission of the Grades received in the previous semester and a request from the recipient to TANA Foundation stating that he/she has completed the course work successfully in the previous semester.
- Nationality: Telugu students
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Must have been admitted to a Graduate School in a US University in 2017-2018 academic year. Students already in the USA will not be eligible to apply.
- Must show a need for financial aid. TANA Foundation will assess the need-based also on the information received independently from sources other than that provided by the applicant.
- Each recipient must promise to support financially, through TANA Foundation, a new Telugu student from Andhra Pradesh within three years after arriving in the USA. The recipient must be willing to be in touch with TANA Foundation on a half-yearly basis until such promise is fulfilled.
How to Apply:
E-Mail applications & scanned attachments of supporting documents may be sent to prasadkakarala-at-yahoo.com by September 30, 2017 by regular airmail or Express Mail only. Registered letters are not necessary and will only delay the applications. The following information is required-
- Name, Address with Pin code and Phone number (if available) of the applicant.
- Profession and annual Income of applicant. (Enclose all documents in support)
- Name, Address, and Phone number of Parents.
- Professions and annual incomes of parents. (Enclose all documents in support)
- The net worth of all assets (homes, cars, land, farms, business, savings, investments etc.) of applicant and parents together. (Enclose all documents in support)
- High School and College educational qualifications, GRE, TOEFL scores, and work experience of the applicant. (Enclose a copy of the transcripts)
- Name, Address and Phone number of the department and the University in the US where the applicant intends to enrol. (Enclose a copy of the letter of admission)
- Sources to finance your education including financial aid and loans. (Enclose copies of letters of financial aid, loan documents, bank statements and I-20 Form from the university where the applicant is enrolling)
- A letter of recommendation from one of your most recent Lecturers, Professors etc. explaining your academic accomplishments and justifying the financial need to receive the TANA foundation grant. Emphasis on the justification of financial need is essential.
- A signed applicant’s statement that you promise to support, through TANA Foundation, a new Telugu student from Andhra Pradesh within three years, and that you promise to be in touch with TANA Foundation on a half-yearly basis until such promise is fulfilled.
- TANA Foundation’s Scholarship check will be paid directly to the University where a student is planning to enrol. Checks will not be issued in the name of the recipient.
- Entrance Requirement: Must have been admitted to a Graduate School in a US University in 2017-2018 academic year. Students already in the USA will not be eligible to apply
Application Deadline: Closed