Applications are invited for Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships available for foreign students to study at Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD), Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA), Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and, Politeknik Brunei (PB).
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite students of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries, and others. The awards are awarded for pursuing an undergraduate and postgraduate degree program in various disciplines.
User Review( vote)
A minimum second class honours bachelors degree, or equivalent, recognized by the national accreditation council of Brunei Darussalam. At least a credit six in the English language at GCE ordinary level or a valid IELTS score of 6.0 or TOEFL minimum overall score 550 or its equivalent.
Application deadline: February 14, 2020
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing an undergraduate and postgraduate degree program at University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali university [UNISSA] and Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB].
- Scholarship Award: Varies
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth, and OIC member countries.
- Scholarship can be taken in Brunei
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Students of ASEAN (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam), OIC (Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Tajikistan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan and Yemen), Commonwealth Member Countries ((Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Virgin Islands (British) and Zambia) and others can apply for the scholarships.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for the courses offered by the UBD, UNISSA, and ITB at different levels.
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates must meet the following requirements-
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants must be certified to be medically fit to undertake the scholarship and to study in Brunei Darussalam, by a qualified medical practitioner who is registered with any Government Authority (ies) prior to arrival in Brunei Darussalam. Any and all costs incurred in obtaining this certification are to be borne by the applicant.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs on the 31st July 2020.
- The award is not eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must download the application form and submit to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country. Applicants are required to also submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges). (Note: Maximum size allowed for e-mail and attachment files is 10MB) take note, all application forms and supporting documents are to be submitted in Word Document / PDF format. Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
- English Language Requirements: At least a credit six in the English language at GCE ordinary level or a valid IELTS score of 6.0 or TOEFL minimum overall score 550 or its equivalent.
- The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
- Exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the program
- an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course
- A monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00
- A monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00
- An annual book allowance of BND$600.00
- Accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic
- Baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the program, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region
- Comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.