Applications are invited for TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme available for foreign scholars from a developing country other than India. Fellowships are awarded in the field of biotechnology.
The aim of the TWAS-CSIR Fellowship Programme is to enable and encourage academically able students from developing countries.
Great offer to get an education with study fund.
User Review( votes)
With the world’s largest South-South Ph.D. and post-doctoral research fellowship program, TWAS helps early-career researchers to gain education and experience at top global science institutions.
University or Organization: The World Academy of Science
Course Level: Research towards a Ph.D
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Citizens from a developing country
The program can be taken in India
Application Deadline: July 15, 2019
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- Hold a Master’s or equivalent degree in science or engineering.
- For Sandwich Fellowships: be registered Ph.D. students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (sample is included in the application form).
- For Full-time Fellowships: Be willing to register at a university in India.
- Be accepted at a biotechnology institution in India (see sample Acceptance Letter included in the application form). N.B. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen host institution(s), and NOT to DBT.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if a medium of education was not English;
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Nationality: Citizens from a developing country (other than India) can apply for this postgraduate fellowship program.
List of Countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of applying is electronically. Reference letter: Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS. The subject line must contain DBT/PG/candidate’s surname. Alternatively, letters should be sent by post in sealed envelopes.
- Admission Requirement: Applicants must have a master’s or equivalent degree in science or engineering.
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- DBT will provide a monthly stipend to cover living costs, food, and health insurance.
- The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, the fellowship holder will receive a house rent allowance.