The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation is inviting applications for MINERVA fellowship program available for EU and Japanese professionals. This is a 6 months in-house fellowship scheme in Japan, designed to support research and policy analysis of EU-Japan economic and industrial issues.
The fellowship is worth 2000 EUR/month (paid in JPY) and covers a period of 6 months.
Amazing opportunity for applicants
User Review( votes)
The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation is a unique venture between the European Commission and the Japanese Government. It aims at promoting all forms of industrial, trade and investment cooperation between the EU and Japan and at improving EU and Japanese companies’ competitiveness and cooperation by facilitating exchanges of experience and know-how between EU and Japanese businesses.
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
- Course Level: This is 6 months in-house fellowship scheme in Japan, designed to support research and policy analysis of EU-Japan economic and industrial issues.
- Study Subject: The Research Fellow will undertake research work on a selected priority topic of the Centre, which should result in a consistent policy report (70-100 pages), to be owned by the Centre.
- Scholarship Award: The fellowship is worth 2500 EUR/month (paid in JPY) and covers a period of 6 months:The fellowship is expected to cover basic daily expenses and accommodation in Tokyo. A Research Fellow selected from outside Japan will receive an additional travel subsidy of up to 1000 EUR.
- Insurance: the Research Fellow shall take out a personal insurance policy for the whole duration of the Fellowship to cover:
- Personal health,
- Accident insurance,
- Third-party liability (private life): insurance against the loss of, or damage to, his/her personal property, and insurance against any injury, loss or damage suffered by a third person for which the Participant is personally liable.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: Europe
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Candidates must be citizens of an EU Member-State (*) or a COSME Third Country (**) or Japan
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates must be professionals(trade and economic analysts, academics, scientists, civil servants) with a proven interest in EU-Japan cooperation from multiple perspectives (trade/market access, industrial policy issues, R&D, etc…).Minimum requirements: EU / COSME or Japanese citizenship, university degree, strong interest and motivation in Japan and EU-Japan relations. The following elements will constitute an advantage in the selection process: previous professional experience with Japan, an already advanced study/research on one of the priority topics, Japanese language abilities.
How to Apply: The candidates should specify the slot for which they are applying.
Application documents to be submitted: CV, Covering Letter, Research Topic-Research Plan (1-2 A4 pages).
Contents of each MINERVA application should flow coherently and contain substance, in order to allow the selection board to see clear and easy-to-understand connections between the candidate’s background, the letter of motivation and his/her research plan.