The new Victoria University Graduate Research award is now available on offer for all Domestic and International students.
Victoria University is an Australian public university based in Melbourne, Victoria. It is a dual-sector tertiary institution providing courses in both higher education and Technical and Further Education.
User Review( votes)
The purpose of the RTPSS International and the Victoria University International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (VUIPRS) is to support high-quality research by assisting students with excellent academic qualifications who wish to participate in postgraduate research programs in Australia.
- Applications Deadline: The 2018 Victoria University Graduate Research Scholarship main rounds are open in the following periods: August 27 to October 1, 2018 (8am AEST) for international applicants, 1 September to 31 October 2018 (midnight AEST) for domestic applicants.
- Course Level: The studentships are available to study Postgraduate research programme.
- Study Subject: Areas of Research Priority and Field of Research (FoR) Codes:
- Applied Economics (1402)
- Applied Mathematics (0102)
- Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing (0801)
- Business and Management (1503)
- Chemical Engineering (0904)
- Civil Engineering (0905)
- Cultural Studies (2002)
- Curriculum and Pedagogy (1302)
- Distributed Computing (0805)
- Ecology (0602)
- Education Systems (1301)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (0906)
- Food Sciences (0908)
- Historical Studies (2103)
- Human Movement and Sports Science (1106)
- Information Systems (0806)
- Law (1801)
- Mechanical Engineering (0913)
- Medical Physiology (1116)
- Nursing (1110)
- Psychology (1701)
- Public Health and Health Services (1117)
- Sociology (1608)
- Specialist Studies in Education (1303)
- Tourism (1506)
- Scholarship Award: Recipients of the VUIPRS receive a living allowance of $27,600 per annum (2019 rate) for the duration of the program. In addition, each recipient receives an RTP Fee Offset scholarship to cover tuition fees for the duration of the program. OSHC will also be covered.
The following are not included under the VUIPRS:
- The cost of English language testing
- The cost of bridging programs or English language programs
- Travel costs from overseas
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for Domestic and International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for Domestic and International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- All applicants must meet the University’s minimum academic entry requirement of a 70% (Distinction VU standard) average in the most relevant qualifying degree.
- Applications for graduate research opportunities are always highly competitive. Therefore, applicants are expected to have, at minimum, a 1st class honours (80%+ average) or equivalent.
|Degree name||Minimum entry requirement|
|Doctor of Philosophy||A four-year bachelor degree with honours, or an honours degree at H2A/Distinction (above 70% VU standard)
Masters by coursework degree with minor thesis with average grades of at least H2A/Distinction (above 70% >VU standard)
Masters by research degree, or demonstrated exceptional ability during partial completion of a research project in a Masters by research degree.
|Master by Research||A three or four-year bachelor degree with average grades of at least H2A/Distinction (above 70% VU standard) in the final year,
Other equivalent qualification or professional experience demonstrating a capacity to undertake a Masters by Research.
|Doctor of Business Administration||A Master of Business degree or its equivalent with average grades of at least H2A/Distinction (70% VU standard)
Have completed at least two years’ appropriate work experience.
English Language Requirements: English requirements
|English language examination method||Result|
|International English Language Test System (IELTS) (academic module): Overall score (no band less than)||6.5 (6.0)|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) internet: Test score||79 (listening 19, speaking 19, reading 18, writing 22)|
|Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score (with no section score less than):||58-64 (50)|
|University of Cambridge – Advanced (CAE): Total score||58|
|VU English – University Preparation UPP (Postgraduate)||Achieved|
|English Language School in Sydney (ELSIS) – EAP 2 (advanced)||A grade|
How to Apply: Apply through the online application system (external link) when applications are open.
All Higher Degree by Research applicants are required to prepare a research proposal for submission.
Your research proposal should be 1- 2 pages (typed, A4) containing:
- Title of the research proposal
- Name and College of your nominated supervisor (on the title page)
- Significance of the research
- Methodology and research techniques
- Facilities and equipment required.
Your CV should include:
- Your educational qualifications
- Most relevant and up to date professional work experience
- A list of recent research publications, if applicable.