The Commonwealth Government’s Research Training Program (RTP) provides funding to universities to support the research training of both domestic and international higher degree research (HDR) candidates.
The funding provided through the RTP offers the provision for universities to administer and award a number of scholarships known as Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships.
These awards are governed by the Research Training Program (RTP) and University Research Training Scheme (URTS) Scholarship Policy and Replace the support provided through the Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA).
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to masters or doctorate students.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The Australian Government RTP Stipend Scholarship provides an indexed stipend – paid fortnightly – of $27,596 (2019 rate) per annum. Additional benefits include paid sick leave, maternity leave and relocation allowance. The relocation allowance for RTP stipend recipients is up to $2,000 for domestic students and up to $2,500 for international students.
- Nationality: This Scholarship is available to Australia and international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This Scholarship is available to Australia and international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- To be eligible for an RTP Scholarship, a student must be a domestic student or an overseas student enrolled in an accredited HDR course of study at an Australian Higher Education Provider (HEP).
- An HDR student who is not a domestic student or an overseas student is eligible to receive a URTS Scholarship.
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75% of that student’s RTP Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not taken into account.
- To be eligible for an RTP Fee Offset or URTS Fee Offset, a student must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Australian Government designed to offset HDR tuition fees.
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply: You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular, any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.