The Commonwealth Government’s Research Training Program (RTP) provides funding to universities to support the research training of both domestic and international higher degree research (HDR) candidates.
These are available to masters or doctorate students. The funding provided through the RTP offers the provision for universities to administer and award a number of programs known as the Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships.
User Review( votes)
The CDU is one of the top 5 Australian universities in Australia. These awards are governed by the Research Training Program (RTP) and University Research Training Scheme award Policy and Replace the support provided through the Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA).
Why at Charles Darwin University- Charles Darwin University is a new world university that has been built on social justice, sustainability, creativity, and collective endeavor. Every year CDU teaches 4,000 indigenous pupils at more than 150 locations in the NT.
Application Deadline: Closed
- These is available to Australia and international applicants.
- These are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Applicants must be eligible for an RTP Scholarship, an applicant must be a domestic pupil or an overseas holder enrolled in an accredited HDR course of study at an Australian Higher Education Provider (HEP). An HDR holder who is not a domestic candidate or an overseas pupil is eligible to receive a URTS Scholarship.
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend candidates must not be receiving income from another source to support that holder’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75% of that pupil’s RTP Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the holder’s course of study or income received for the pupil’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not taken into account.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To participate, the applicants need to complete application documents must be submitted online. You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this free study prior to application, in particular, any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the academic transcripts and testamurs (Final Certificate/Award) of Bachelor and/or Master degree programs completed
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must achievement of at least 6.5 overall, and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band of the IELTS or equivalent test, Proof of GPA, Abstract of Thesis,
- Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
The Australian Government RTP Stipend award provides an indexed stipend – paid fortnightly – of $27,596 (2021 rate) per annum. Additional benefits include paid sick leave, maternity leave, and relocation allowance. The relocation allowance for RTP stipend recipients is up to $2,000 for domestic students and up to $2,500 for international students.