The NYU Abu Dhabi Research Institute is inviting applicants for the Humanities Research Fellowships for the Study of the Arab World for the academic year 2020-21.
The Institute welcomes applications from scholars working in all areas of the Humanities related to the study of the Arab world, its rich literature and history, its cultural and artistic heritage, and its manifold connections with other cultures.
A fine fellowship for aspirants.
User Review( votes)
The NYUAD Institute has embarked on a multi-year research fellowship program in the Humanities. This program aims to help create an energetic, multi-faceted research environment for the Humanities at NYUAD’s campus.
- Study Subject(s): Areas of the Humanities related to the study of the Arab world, its rich literature and history, its cultural and artistic heritage, and its manifold connections with other cultures
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to undertake a research program at NYUAD’s campus.
- Programme Provider: New York University Abu Dhabi
- The award can be taken at United Arab Emirates
- Distinguished scholars with an outstanding scholarly accomplishment, including an internationally recognized publication record,mid-career scholars with strong publication records and exceptional scholarly promise; as well as early-career scholars, with a strong record of scholarly accomplishment, who wish to turn their doctoral dissertations into book manuscripts publishable with major academic presses are encouraged to apply.
- All fellowships will be offered to scholars who demonstrate an interest in playing an active role in the intellectual community of NYUAD, in particular by exchanging ideas with other fellows, faculty, and students. The fellowships are open to scholars of all backgrounds and nationalities.
Open for International Students: These research fellowships are open to scholars of all nationalities.
The number of awards (s): The Institute is hosting up to six fellows each year.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted through the electronic application form.
Scholars who received their PhDs within the last five years are required to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae (including a list of publications)
- Project proposal (circa 3-5 pages, including references)
- Abstract of doctoral dissertation
- Title page, table of contents, and an excerpt of doctoral dissertation
- Abstract of publication
- Three letters of reference
Each fellow receives a competitive stipend commensurate with experience, housing, health insurance, work/office space on campus, full access to NYUAD’s library facilities, research allowance, an opportunity to host a small workshop funded by the Research Institute, and support for travel to and from Abu Dhabi.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2019