Applications are invited for Dr. Nancy Foster Scholarship Program available for graduate-level studies (masters or doctoral degree) at a U.S. accredited institution. Scholarship Program provides support particularly for women and members of minority groups.
Scholarships may provide yearly support of up to $42,000 per student (a 12-month stipend of $30,000 in addition to an education allowance of up to $12,000) and up to $10,000 of support for a 4-6 week program collaboration at an NOAA facility. Masters students may be supported for up to two years and doctoral students for up to four years.
Excellent program for aspirants
User Review( votes)
Course Level: Scholarships are available for graduate-level studies (masters or doctoral degree) at a U.S. accredited institution.
Scholarship Provider: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office of National Marine Sanctuaries
Scholarship can be taken at the USA
To apply, each applicant must:
- be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or a citizen of a U.S. territory;
- pursue or intend to pursue a masters or doctoral-level degree in oceanography, maritime archaeology or marine biology, including all science, engineering and resource management of ocean and coastal areas (or related areas), at a U.S. accredited institution;
- have and maintain a minimum cumulative and term grade point average of 3.30 or higher; and
- maintain full-time student status for the duration of the scholarship award.
Scholarship Open for International Students: US citizens are eligible for this Dr. Nancy Foster Scholarship Program.
The number of awards (s): Depending on funding, approximately three to four scholarships are awarded each year.
Duration of award(s): Master students may be supported for up to two years and doctoral students for up to four years.
What does it cover? Dr. Nancy Foster Scholarships may provide, subject to appropriations, yearly support of up to $42,000 per student (a 12-month stipend of $30,000 in addition to an education allowance of up to $12,000) and up to $10,000 of support for a 4-6 week program collaboration at an NOAA facility.
How to Apply
The mode of applying is online
Each application package must be included within the single Adobe PDF document in the correct order as outlined in the official Federal Funding Opportunity (FFO). Failure to submit any items as described in the FFO will disqualify the application from consideration. All detailed information is included in the FFO, yet a summary of what is required to be considered a complete application package is briefly listed below. The FFO contains the official instructions for applying to the Dr. Nancy Foster Scholarship Program.
- Standard Form 424 (SF-424), Application for Federal Assistance is located on the Grants.gov portal and must be completed with information pertinent to the applicant. View the detailed directions here to complete SF-424.
- Table of Contents
- General Information Sheet
- Personal Data
- Optional Personal Data
- Degree Sought
- Academic Honors
- Relevant Work Experience
- Knowledge of Scholarship
- Statement of Intent
- Academic, Research, Career Goals and Aspirations
- Communicating the Importance of Your Research
- Enrollment Verification or List of Graduate Schools Applied
- Research Proposal
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Financial Need
- Department of Education’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC) Determination
- Yearly Tuition Documentation
- Financial Need Information Questions
- Statement of Need Essay
- Declaration Statement
Scholarship Application Deadline: The 2020 application period will open in October 2019 and closes on December 2019