The University of Trento is inviting applications for the 33rd cycle of Ph.D. Scholarships Programme in Physics for the academic year 2019-2020 – Jointly run with the National Institute for Nuclear Physics (INFN).
Italian, as well as foreign students, are eligible to apply for this application program. Reserved scholarships can only be assigned to those candidates who will ask for and obtain the specific eligibility.
A fine chance to get an education in Italy.
User Review( votes)
The University of Trento is an Italian university located in Trento and nearby Rovereto. It has been able to achieve considerable results in the didactics, research, and international relations according to CENSIS and the Italian Ministry of Education.
University or Organization: The University of Trento
Course Level: Ph.D. program
Award: 13638.47 EUR per year
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Italian, as well as foreign students
The program can be taken in Italy
Application Deadline: 29 August 2019
- Italian, as well as foreign students, are eligible to apply for this program.
- The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity
- Applications for doctoral positions are accepted From applicants, regardless of gender, age and nationality, who hold:
a) An Italian “Laurea Magistrale”, according to the Ministerial Decree no. 270 of 22.10.2004 and subsequent amendments, or
b) An equivalent Italian university degree (previous regulations in force, “specialistica”, AFAM),
c) An equivalent foreign degree (Master’s degree) obtained at an officially acknowledged academic institution, valid for admission to Ph.D. studies in the Country of the issue and similar (duration and level) to the Italian degree, recognized as equivalent by the Admissions Committee for the sole purpose of access to the present Ph.D. Programme. Any degree in a scientific area will be given preferential status.
- Applicants with a foreign qualification that has not been officially recognized as equivalent2 to an Italian degree (Laurea Magistrale/Specialistica/vecchio ordinamento) will be considered as requesting equivalence in their application, attaching the necessary supporting documents. The eligibility of foreign academic degrees is assessed by the Admissions Committee, following the rules in force or the international treaties on recognition of academic qualifications.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of application is online. The University will accept any additional documents to the submitted application if sent by email to ateneo-at-unitn.it (Subject: “Application ID – Applicant’s Surname and Name – PhD Programme in “Physics” – 33rd Cycle – Supplement to application”) within August 29, 2019. Additional documents submitted by different means will be disregarded.
- Supporting Documents:
- Identifying document (ID): • A copy of the applicant’s valid identity card (only EU citizens) or passport (non-EU citizens), in particular of the pages reporting photograph, personal data, number, place, and date of issue, expiry date and signature.
- Academic certificate:
Already obtained: a copy of the academic certificate (necessary for access to doctoral studies) accompanied by a list of exams with their credits and grades and, if available, the Diploma Supplement8 / transcript of records or Declaration of value9 or Rector’s Decree of equivalence10;
- Language Requirements: The program is conducted entirely in English. An international certificate attesting the candidate’s knowledge of English at the C1 level or higher in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) is an indispensable requirement for admission. Foreign students are encouraged to obtain a working knowledge of the Italian language. Applicants may have their TOEFL language test results directly sent to the School. Please note that the TOEFL Code Control of the School of International Studies is 6286.