The University of Trento is inviting applications for the 36th cycle of PhD PositionsProgramme in Physics for the academic year 2021-2022 – Jointly run with the National Institute for Nuclear Physics (INFN).
The funding opportunity is open for both Italian and foreign students are eligible to apply for this application program. Reserved scholarships can only be assigned to those candidates who will ask for and obtain the specific eligibility.
A fine chance to get an education in Italy.
User Review( votes)
The University of Trento is an Italian university located in Trento and nearby Rovereto. It has been able to achieve considerable results in the didactics, research, and international relations according to CENSIS and the Italian Ministry of Education.
Application Deadline: 28 August 2020
University or Organization: The University of Trento
Course Level: PhD
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Domestic and International students
The program can be taken in Italy
- Italian, as well as foreign students, are eligible to apply for this program.
- The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity
- Applications for doctoral positions are accepted From applicants, regardless of gender, age and nationality, who hold:
a) An Italian “Laurea Magistrale”, according to the Ministerial Decree no. 270 of 22.10.2004 and subsequent amendments, or
b) An equivalent Italian university degree (previous regulations in force, “specialistica”, AFAM),
c) An equivalent foreign degree (Master’s degree) obtained at an officially acknowledged academic institution, valid for admission to PhD studies in the Country of the issue and similar (duration and level) to the Italian degree, recognized as equivalent by the Admissions Committee for the sole purpose of access to the present PhD Programme. Any degree in a scientific area will be given preferential status.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of application is online. The University will accept any additional documents to the submitted application if sent by email to ateneo-at-unitn.it (Subject: “Application ID – Applicant’s Surname and Name – PhD Programme in “Physics” – 36th Cycle
- Supporting Documents: You must submit all the following documents:
- Identifying document (ID): A copy of the applicant’s valid identity card (only EU citizens) or passport (non-EU citizens), in particular of the pages reporting photograph, personal data, number, place, and date of issue, expiry date and signature.
- Academic certificate: Already obtained: a copy of the academic certificate (necessary for access to doctoral studies) accompanied by a list of exams with their credits and grades and, if available, the Diploma Supplement8 / transcript of records or Declaration of value9 or Rector’s Decree of equivalence10
- Language Requirements: The program is conducted entirely in English. An international certificate attesting the candidate’s knowledge of English at the C1 level or higher in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) is an indispensable requirement for admission. Foreign students are encouraged to obtain a working knowledge of the Italian language. Applicants may have their TOEFL language test results directly sent to the School. Please note that the TOEFL Code Control of the School of International Studies is 6286.
Benefits: The University of Trento will provide salary to the winning candidates for the session 2020/21.