The University of Trento is inviting applications for its 34th cycle First Call of Doctoral Scholarships within the School of Information and Communication Technology.
These positions are available to Italian and Foreign students. The studentships are awarded in Information and Communication Technology.
A valuable opportunity for Italian and Foreign students to study in Italy.
User Review( votes)
The University of Trento is an Italian university located in Trento and nearby Rovereto. It has been able to achieve considerable results in didactics, research, and international relations according to CENSIS and the Italian Ministry of Education.
Why at the University of Trento? The University offers doctoral programs, Master’s degrees and degree courses in English. Many courses are organized in collaboration with other universities in Italy or abroad, and with professional associations.
University or Organization: University of Trento
Course Level: Doctoral degree program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Italian and Foreign students
The program can be taken in Italy
Application Deadline: Closed
To be eligible for this application you must meet the following requirements:
- Applications for doctoral positions are accepted from applicants, regardless of gender, age and nationality, who hold:
- an Italian “Laurea Magistrale”, according to the Ministerial Decree no. 270 of 22.10.2004 and subsequent amendments, or
- an equivalent Italian university degree (previous regulations in force, “specialistica”, AFAM), or
- an equivalent foreign degree (Master’s degree) obtained at an officially acknowledged academic institution, valid for admission to PhD studies in the Country of issue (except for substantial differences) and similar (duration and level) to the Italian degree, recognized as equivalent by the Admissions Committee for the sole purpose of access to the present PhD Programme2 .
- The studentships are available to pursue a doctoral degree program.
- Applicants with a foreign qualification that has not been officially recognized as equivalent3 to an Italian degree (Laurea Magistrale/Specialistica/Vecchio ordinamento) will be considered as requesting equivalence in their application, attaching the necessary supporting documents.
- The eligibility of foreign academic degrees is assessed by the Admissions Committee, following the rules in force or the international treaties on recognition of academic qualifications. The Admissions Committee may require the applicant to provide additional documentation if deemed necessary for the purpose of assessing the suitability.
- These positions are available to Italian and Foreign students.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application must be completed and submitted by hrs. 04.00 PM Italian time (GMT +2) of May 31, 2018, solely by the online system.
- Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- The annual net amount of The grant is € 14.400,00. The annual gross amount of the doctoral scholarship is € 16.290,00 (the program net amount may change, depending on the country of residence and on country-specific taxation agreements.)
- The majority of the Ph.D. positions are covered by scholarships.
- Students who have been awarded a Ph.D. scholarship are entitled to get a 50% increase in their scholarship when staying abroad for reasons related to their doctoral research and studies.
- Each student is provided with a budget which can be used for educational and research purposes.
First-year students have the priority of getting accommodation at student residences.