The University of Verona is calling applications for 34th Cycle of Ph.D. Scholarship program available for foreign students starting the academic year 2018-2019.
The 34th cycle of Ph.D. programs officially begins on 1st October 2018. These are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
Admirable chance to study at the University of Verona.
User Review( vote)
The University of Verona is a university located in Verona, Italy. It was founded in 1982 and is organized in 12 Departments. According to the business newspaper “Il Sole 24 Ore”, it is ranked as the best non-private university in Italy in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Why at The University of Verona- The university is the only one in the top 24 Oore rankings as the best Italian state university and the city is ranked first in Italy for quality of life.
Applications close: Closed
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- To be admitted to a Ph.D. program, all applicants (regardless of age or nationality) must hold a Laurea Specialistica/Magistrale or a Laurea (of the old system before Reform no. 509/1999) issued by an Italian University, or an equivalent-level foreign degree. This means candidates with a foreign Master’s degree (e.g. MSc or MA) that would grant them access to Ph.D. programs in the country where the degree was conferred are entitled to apply.
- Educations are available to foreign students.
- Candidates who will complete their Master’s degree by 31st October 2018 are also entitled to apply. Their application will be considered “subject to confirmation” and they will be required to submit their degree certificate or a self-certification to the Ph.D. Office (Area Ricerca – U.O. Dottorati di Ricerca) by 31st October 2018 (in accordance with Presidential Decree no. 445 of 28/12/00 for EU citizens).
- Any applications which lack this document will not be considered. 3.3 Candidates who are already enrolled in a PhD program at the University of Verona may if they pass the relevant entrance exams and are successfully graded in the merit ranking, change to a different Ph.D. program.
- Students who change PhDs must renounce their previous Ph.D. program and begin again from the first year of the new program only if the program offers a place without a study.
- Applicants who already hold a Ph.D. will not be admitted to any program with similar research topics to that of their Ph.D. Candidates who have already benefited from a Ph.D., regardless of the place and year, are not eligible for another program.
- All candidates may submit their application for the present Call, subject to confirmation.
- How to Apply: Applications must be submitted electronically only, from 18th May 2018 until 1 pm on 18th June 2018 (Italian local time) using the application form at www.univr.it/applicationphd Procedure:
- Connect to www.univr.it/applicationphd
- Register by entering the information required
- Select the PhD program you wish to apply for 4. Fill in all the required details using the online application form
Further instructions for submitting the online application can be found in the specific guidelines available on Dottorati di Ricerca website
- Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The amount granted for each award is €15,343.28 gross per year. This may be increased in situations stipulated by law. Awards are exempt from IRE (personal income tax). Awards are awarded for the entire duration of the PhD program (three years – 36 months, four years – 48 months) and installments are paid monthly. The first installment of October 2018 will be paid at the end of the same month only if the student has submitted all the documentation required and is correctly enrolled in their PhD program by 25th September 2018. Otherwise, a two-month installment will be paid to them at the end of November.