The new SUTROfor programmes for MSc Courses is now available on offer organised by a Consortium which includes five of the best European universities within the field of forest and nature management. SUTROFOR is part of the Erasmus+: Erasmus Mundus Programme initiated by the European Commission.
This two-year Masters course in Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR) is a world-class programme with the objective of preparing qualified graduates to deal with the complex aspects of contemporary tropical forestry.
User Review( votes)
The topic of sustainable tropical forestry is of global importance. Between one and two billion people depend on wood-based fuel; non-wood forest products and services are crucial to the livelihood of more than one billion poor people mainly in rural areas; timber is an important commodity for both the domestic economy and for export; and the citizens in developing countries are increasingly concerned with the fate of tropical forests.
- Applications close: Non-EU applicants can submit their applications October 15, 2018, The application deadline is 15 January 2021,
- EU/EEA applicants can submit their applications January 16, 2021, The application deadline is 1 March 2021.
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue MSc programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to pursue MSc Course in Sustainable Tropical Forestry.
- Scholarship Award: Partner Country Scholarships
these endowments can be awarded to masters students from all countries other than the EU member states and EEA/EFTA states: Turkey, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway. Furthermore, you must comply with the 12 months rule: You must not be a resident nor have carried out main activity (studies, work etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of these countries.
Programme Country Scholarships
these endowments can be awarded to any masters students who do not fullfil the criteria A defined above, i.e nationality requirement and 12 months rule.
|Contribution to the travel and installation costs||1000 EUR per year per scholarship holder resident of Programme Country for travel costs|
|2000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1000 EUR for installation costs for scholarship holder resident of a Partner Country whose location is situated at less than 4.000 km from the EMMIC coordinating HEI|
|3000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1000 EUR for installation costs for scholarship holder resident of a Partner Country whose location is situated at 4.000 km or more from the EMMIC coordinating HEI|
A contribution to installation costs is offered only to students of a Partner Country (1000 EUR for the entire course). It is an incentive to help covering the additional costs related to the issuing of visas, residence permits, etc. as well as the temporary accommodation needs upon arrival in the first Programme Country hosting HEI.
- Nationality: Available to citizens of the EU, EEA or Switzerland.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in The SUTROFOR MSc Course is organised by a Consortium which includes five of the best European universities within the field of forest and nature management:
- University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Science, Department of Food and Resource Economics, Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Bangor University, School of the Environment and Natural Resources, Bangor (UK)
- Dresden University of Technology, Institute of International Forestry and Forest Products, Tharandt (Germany)
- AgroParisTech, Paris Institute of Technology for Life, Food and Environmental Sciences, Montpellier (France)
- University of Padova, TESAF Department, School of Agriculture, Padova (Italy)
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Available to citizens of the EU, EEA or Switzerland. SUTROFOR students come from all over the world and from countries in South and North.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
If you have completed a bachelor’s degree or are enrolled in the final semester of a bachelor’s programme you are eligible to apply for the Master’s programme in Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR).
You are required to document proficiency in English according to your background.
If you have bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. forestry, agriculture, biology, geography, economics, you are directly academically qualified for admission to the MSc Programme. Learn about when and how to apply.
The Faculty may also admit applicants who, after an individual academic assessment, are deemed to possess educational qualifications equivalent to those required above.
English Language Requirements: You are required to document proficiency in English according to your background; see the language requirements.
How to Apply: In order for you to be admitted you need to have a qualifying bachelor’s degree or another qualifying degree at the same level.
The application procedure depends on your citizenship and educational background:
ARE YOU A CITIZEN IN EU, EEA OR SWITZERLAND?
ARE YOU A CITIZEN IN A COUNTRY OUTSIDE EU, EEA OR SWITZERLAND?