Applications are invited for the European P-SPHERE project, coordinated by the UAB and with the participation of UAB-CIE member centres. The project will offer 3 years postdoctoral fellowship to a total of 48 experienced researchers under Cofund Marie Sk?Sklodowska-Curie Actions
The P-SPHERE project is a long-term program in which two calls will be opened to attract experienced researchers, with same transnational mobility required by the Marie Sklodowska-Curie program.
User Review( vote)
The COFUND program, which forms part of the Horizon 2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions program, aims to motivate regional, national and international programs which foster excellence in the training, mobility and professional improvement of researchers.
The Autonomous University of Barcelona also known as UAB is a public university mostly located in Cerdanyola del Vallès, near the city of Barcelona in Catalonia, Spain. The UAB is considered to be the best University in Spain by the 2012 QS World University Rankings, which ranked the university 176th overall in the world. Its subject rankings were: 144th in Life Sciences & Biomedicine, 92nd[clarification needed] in Arts & Humanities, 106th in Natural Sciences, 95th in Social Sciences and 203rd in Engineering & IT.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The P-SPHERE program is articulated around five multidisciplinary domains, including transversal technologies: Food, Health, Smart and Sustainable Cities, Cultural Heritage and Materials & Energy.
- Award: P-SPHERE fellows will receive a three-year working contract. The position is based in Bellaterra, Barcelona (Spain).
- Competitive salary package for Post Doc is offered including:
– Living allowance of 36.100€/year (gross salary)
– Single relocation payment of 3000€.
- To the above-mentioned amounts, taxes will be deducted. Taxes applied to vary depending on many personal factors, you can check your rate at https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/wcl/PRET-R151/index.zul.
The appointment implies entry into Spain’s Civil Service Pension Fund. Social security and health insurance are covered by salary.
- Other funding (not included in the salary)
– Research activities: up to 3.600€/year
– Mobility activities: up to 3.600€/year
- Number of Awards: The project, will offer 3 years fellowships to a total of 48 fellows which will have the opportunity to develop their researcher’s careers in an excellent environment. The P-SPHERE program will offer 48 fellowships in two calls. The second call offers 24 fellowships.
- The award can be taken in Spain
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
• Applicants must be PhD holder at call deadline
• Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in Spain for more than twelve months in the three years immediately prior to the call deadline
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be Ph.D. holder at call deadline.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:
• Applications have been submitted in English before the deadline
• Proposals contain all the required documentation
The complete application comprises:
• A certificate of the academic transcript for the degree qualifications o Copy of the PhD accreditation o certification
• Signed declaration stating not have lived/worked in Spain more than 12 months during the 3 years prior to the call’s deadline
• Extended CV (5 pages and up to two recommendation letters)
• Proposed research project (max 12 pages including references)
i. Summary & Objectives (1 page)
ii. State of the art (1 page)
iii. Expected progress beyond the State of the art (1 page)
iv. Research Methodology and Approach (2 pages)
v. Workplan, Gantt chart and Resources (3 pages)
vi. Expected Impact on Applicant Career Development (1 page)
vii. Ethical Issues (1 page)
viii. References (2 pages)
Applications must be submitted electronically. Annexes must be attached as pdf files.
Annex 1: PhD accreditation
Annex 2: Declaration of mobility
Annex 3: Extended CV
Annex 4: Recommendation Letter
Annex 5: Research project
Annex 6: Ethical Issue Table
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is October 6, 2017.