The American States (OAS) and the Coimbra Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB) are offering more than 513 scholarship opportunities for the citizens and/or permanent residents of any OAS Member State except Brazil.
The purpose of this program is to support university-level students of the Americas, through academic scholarships. The studentships are available to pursue a master or doctoral degree program in any Brazilian Universities.
The Organization of American States is the world’s oldest regional organization, dating back to the First International Conference of American States. It was founded on 30 April 1948, for the purposes of regional solidarity and cooperation among its member states.
Why should apply to this program? The program will give the candidates an opportunity to improve quality and equity in education. It can build up a suitable career for candidates in their chosen course. It also provides an even vaster range of services and job opportunities for the eligible candidates.
- University or Organization: The Organization of American States
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master or doctoral degree program
- Award: Full tuition waiver US$1,200
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 513 opportunities are available
- Nationality: Students of OAS Member State
- The award can be taken in Brazil
- Application Deadline: August 11, 2021
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Students of OAS Member State are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The studentships are open to study the master or doctoral degree program in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens and/or permanent residents of any OAS Member States except Brazil. Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) to apply to a Master’s and/or a Doctorate program. Those selected to receive the scholarship must show proof of a superior intermediate level of Portuguese before completing their studies in Brazil. Applicants must read, understand and accept the Announcement in its entirety.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To apply for the opportunity s, Candidates are required to gain admission in any Brazilian Universities. After taking admission candidates can complete the application form for the Brazil Scholarship PAEC OEA-GCUB.
- Supporting Documents: The applicant must need to attach the personal information in the corresponding fields in each section, curriculum vitae, letters of recommendation and essay.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, the applicant should hold the copy of an official identification document and diploma of previous courses.
- Language Requirement: If you are applying for admission in Brazilian Universities, you need to provide evidence of your English language skills.
- Benefits: The scholarship will be awarded full tuition waiver, the partial monthly stipend for living expenses, and a one-time grant of $1,200 USD to be disbursed once the student arrives at the university.