The University of South Florida is accepting applications for the Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship in honour of Indian President A.P.J. Kalam.
The opportunity is available for those students who graduated from or are about to graduate from an Indian University and have the plan to enroll for PhD study at USF in the USA.
Helpful opportunity for Indian students to win an award for PhD study in the USA.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1956, the University of South Florida offers one of the lowest tuition rates in the U.S. It is a global research university offers more than 180 undergraduate programs.
Why at the University of South Florida? USF is a high-impact public research university dedicated to providing opportunities for students in helping to get their bright career.
Application Deadline: February 3, 2020
- University or Organization: University of South Florida
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: A stipend of $22,000 and Waive all tuition
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Indians
- The prize can take in the United States
- Eligible Countries: India
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The studentship will award for the PhD program in any following subjects:
- Applied Anthropology
- Applied Physics
- Business PhD programs
- Cell Biology, Microbiology & Molecular Biology
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Integrative Biology
- Marine Science
- Admissible Criteria: The candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Candidates must have applied for the PhD program in any of the subjects listed above to USF (https://www.usf.edu/admissions/) and secured a USF ID.
- Aspirants must meet all eligibility requirements for the program of their choice.
- Entrants must have graduated from or are about to graduate from an Indian University.
How to Apply
To Apply: All applicants must submit a USF graduate application and established a university ID number at the USF graduate admissions’ portal before submitting the A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Fellowship form.
To submit the A.P.J. Kalam application, entrants must scan the required things and email at [email protected] in one composite PDF.
Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the given materials:
- Postgraduate Fellowship Form (Download here)
- A brief letter (outlining your attention in the Fellowship and your proposed area of study)
- Resume/CV including your current occupation, your academic and professional experience/achievement and evidence of scholarly activity
- Statement on intended research for your PhD degree under the Kalam Fellowship
- Two Letters of Recommendation (on academic or professional letterhead)
- Some programs may require a GRE score (check with individual departments’ requirements)
Admission Requirements: Send official SAT or ACT scores, official transcript(s), and official IELTS or TOEFL scores to USF.
Language Requirement: Applicants must have the English language certificate as IELTS or TOEFL to proof their English proficiency.
The University of South Florida will provide all the following:
- Full tuition for a total of up to four years and pay a stipend of $22,000 in three installments like $8000 for the fall and spring semesters and $6000 for the summer semester.
- Furthermore, waiving tuition fees, this award covers health insurance and other fees.
- The winner will be responsible for all other costs, e.g., airfare, housing at USF, etc.