Asia Art Archive in India and Inlaks India Foundation initiates the AAA–Inlaks Art Grants program for Indian artists. The grant will cover the amount up to Rs. 200,000.
The aim of the grant is to encourage artists to propose and test new forms of art-making that incorporate research, collaboration, workshops, and formal experiments as a way to examine the technologies and ecosystems of information that shape our times.
User Review( votes)
Asia Art Archive (AAA) is a nonprofit organization based in Hong Kong which focuses on documenting the recent history of contemporary art in Asia within an international context. AAA incorporates material that members of local art communities find relevant to the field and provides educational and public programming.
Course Level: The grant is available for artists.
Study Subject: The grant is awarded in the field of art, music, cinema, theatre, law, science, medicine, and meteorology.
Award: The grant will cover up to Rs. 200,000.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
The award can be taken in India
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the opportunity :
- Artists of Indian citizenship residing in India between the age of 25 to 35 years. Collectives are eligible to apply provided all members are Indian citizens and not more than 35 years in age.
Nationality: Indian applicants can apply for the grant.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be artists.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Cover Document
- With your name, postal address, email, and telephone number if available, along with names and email addresses of two referees from the field.
- Updated CV
- Limited to two pages only.
- Artist Statement
- Description of your practice and areas of interest. (up to 250 words)
- Project Proposal
- Outline of your plans if you were to be offered the grant. This should include (i) a short description of the intended/ongoing project, and your research responding to any of the themes listed in this open call; (ii) a timeline for the project’s different stages and potential platforms; and (iii) archives/collections/individuals you intend to access/visit. The proposal does not have to be definitive and can change during the course of the one-year period of this grant in consultation with AAA & Inlaks representatives. (up to 800 words)
- A breakdown of estimated costs for your project based on your proposal and timeline. The proposed budget will not be considered final until vetted by AAA & Inlaks in consultation with the selected grantee before the commencement date of the grant.
- Portfolio of 7–10 Recent Art Projects/Works with a list of captions (title, media, year, scale/duration, short description)
- Stills: to be compiled into one PDF file (not exceeding 10MB)
- Audio/Video: to be sent as links on any of the following online platform such as artist website/Vimeo/YouTube/Sound Cloud. If links are password protected, please provide password.
- All applications along with the supporting documents are to be submitted online only to both Gladys-at-inlaksfoundation.org and artgrant-at-aaa.org.hk. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 15, 2017.