Applicants are invited for Symantec Research Labs Graduate Fellowship to pursue innovative research that has real-world value, in areas where Symantec conducts business. The fellowship is available for USA, Ireland and France applicants.
The aim of the fellowship provides up to $20,000 USD that may be used to cover one year of the student’s tuition fees and to reimburse expenses incurred by the student to engage in the research collaboration with Symantec, such as conference registration fees, travel expenses, hardware, etc.
User Review( votes)
Symantec Corporation (commonly known as Symantec) is an American software company headquartered in Mountain View, California, United States. The company produces software for security, storage, backup and availability – and offers professional services to support its software.
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue research programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Security and Privacy, Network and Systems, Machine learning and data mining, Human-Computer Interaction.
- Award: The SRL Graduate Fellowship provides up to $20,000 USD that may be used to cover one year of the student’s tuition fees and to reimburse expenses incurred by the student to engage into research collaboration with Symantec, such as conference registration fees, travel expenses, hardware, etc. If the fellowship is to cover tuition, this portion of the award will be made through the university.
A second component of the award is a salaried internship with Symantec that we plan to offer to all fellowship recipients. Interns will usually work directly with Symantec Research Labs at one of our locations (Culver City, CA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; Dublin, Ireland; Sophia-Antipolis, France) or with another group within Symantec. Each recipient is paired with a mentor from Symantec. A mentor is a top researcher or engineer who can provide ongoing technical guidance on the recipient’s research during graduate training as well as during an internship at Symantec.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Applicants from USA, Ireland and France
- The award can be taken in USA, Ireland and France
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from USA, Ireland and France are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Applying students must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program.
- Preference will be given to students with a desire to work in an industrial research lab and those working on innovative research projects in areas related to Symantec’s businesses and interests.
- Recipients will also be selected based on their overall potential for research excellence and their academic progress to date as evidenced by publications.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
How to Apply: Application materials must include the following:
- Resume or C.V.
- Personal statement of research interests not to exceed 750 words. Applicants are strongly encouraged to articulate the value and novelty of their research.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or industry researchers who can evaluate the applicant’s scientific aptitude and potential for research. Letters of recommendation may be sent separately and confidentially.