The American Academy of Neurology is pleased to offer the 2020 AAN International Award for international students.
The award is designed to provide an opportunity for international AAN members or non-members to attend and participate in the AAN Annual Meeting taking place in Toronto, Canada.
Great offer for international applicants to attend and participate in the AAN Annual Meeting taking place in Toronto, Canada.
User Review( votes)
A medical school graduate, current clinical trainee and staff neurologist or faculty member in a neurology department in their country of residence are eligible to apply for this grant.
The American Academy of Neurology (AAN) founded in 1948. It seeks to promote the highest quality patient-centred neurological care and enhance member career satisfaction.
Application Deadline: Monday, November 4, 2019
- University or Organization: American Academy of Neurology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: NA
- Award: $2,500
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- Eligible Countries: Applications from all nationalities except the United States and Canada are accepted
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Neurology
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following:
- Citizen of a nation outside the United States and Canada and also living outside of the United States and Canada at the time of application.
- Candidates having not attended previous AAN annual meetings will be given preference over those who have.
- The applicant should be a medical school graduate and current clinical trainee (resident or fellow), staff neurologist, or faculty member in a neurology department in their country of residence.
- Medical school, master’s degree, and PhD students are not eligible.
- The applicant should be less than 36 years of age or must explain why there is a need for the opportunity if their age is over 36.
- The applicant must explain how attending the meeting will affect the development of their career and how it will help with neurology education and patient services in their country. (Summary Letter)
- Recipients will be asked to complete a Statement of Citizenship or IRS Form 1099.
- Chosen award winners are eligible to win the award one time.
How to Apply
How to Apply: The applicants may either nominate themselves or be nominated by a colleague/mentor. There are two ways to apply for this award as the following:
- If you are a member of the AAN, click here to login.
- If not, click here to continue to the award application
Supporting Documents: To submit the completed application form, several supporting documents are to present as: a copy of curriculum vitae including a list of publications, letter of nomination from Chair, Photo (PDF), Research Abstract, and Summary Letter from Applicant. Note: Only Microsoft Word documents (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat files (.pdf) may be submitted electronically.
The recipient will receive all the following:
- Winner will get waived registration for the 2020 Annual Meeting
- The recipient will receive $2,500 toward Annual Meeting expenses that include hotel accommodations, round-trip coach airfare to the American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting, ground transportation, and meal costs
- The winners are responsible for obtaining their visas, but the AAN will provide documentation that the recipient has received the program if required to obtain the visa.
- Note: Expenses over $2,500 will be the recipient’s responsibility.