Aberystwyth University is proud to offer the AberDoc PhD funding for high potential applicants in the UK. These prestigious AberDoc opportunities are now open to UK/EU and Non-EU students who wish to study for a full-time PhD commencing on September 2020.
These awards are tailored to enable students to develop the necessary skills required to meet their career choices and offer a breadth of development opportunities to enhance their research, teaching and transferable skills.
Great opportunity for aspirants in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The university mission is to facilitate growth and development, and to challenge boundaries, helping students and staff to contribute to human Endeavour by unlocking their own talents. It seeks to nurture ability in all areas, share best practice, and remove institutional barriers to achievement.
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in any discipline
- The award can be taken in the UK
To be eligible you must:
- have or expect to obtain at least upper second class honours in your first degree;
- apply and be offered a place for doctoral study at Aberystwyth;
- non-UK students must achieve IELTS 7.0, or equivalent (before the end of March 2020 at the latest);
- be commencing your doctoral study in September 2020 or be a current AU PhD student.
- UK/EU and Non-EU applicants are eligible to apply for this application programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply both using online application mode and also offline by post or via e-mail.
- Applications must include an application form, two academic references, academic transcripts and a research proposal (1000 to 1500 words).
- Entrance Requirement: To be eligible applicants must have or expect to obtain at least upper second class honours in their first degree.
- English Language Requirement: International and EU applicants will need to show evidence of sufficient knowledge of English. This must be proved before the applicant begins their course.
Those awarded an AberDoc Scholarship will receive a grant for up to three years which will cover their tuition fees (up to the UK/EU rate of £4,327 per annum*) A maintenance allowance of approximately £15,009 per annum* and access to a travel and conference fund (max. £500 per annum*) will also be provided.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020