To support students undertaking doctoral research in a subject relating to Korean Studies, the University of Auckland has organized the Academy of Korean Studies Doctoral Scholarships in New Zealand for the academic year 2022-2023.
The application for this amazing scholarship opportunity can be made by domestic students and domestic fee-paying international students who have enrolled for the PhD in Korean Studies at the Faculty of Arts at the University of Auckland. The scholarship award is valued at a whopping $35,000 for the tenure of one year.
Nice chance for aspirants in New Zealand.
User Review( votes)
The University of Auckland is a public research university based in Auckland, New Zealand. Ranked 137th equal in the 2022 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, it is the largest, most comprehensive, and highest-ranked university in New Zealand.
Why choose to study at the University of Auckland? The University of Auckland creates globally transformative impacts through its distinctive strengths in world-leading research, scholarship, teaching, and collaborative partnerships, inspired by its unique position in Aotearoa, New Zealand, and the Asia-Pacific.
Application Deadline: The applications are open until announced otherwise.
- University or Organization: University of Auckland
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $35,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand.
- Eligible Countries: All international and New Zealanders are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can enroll themselves in a PhD in the Faculty of Arts relating to the field of Korean Studies at the University of Auckland.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be domestic or domestic-fee paying international PhD students.
- The applicants must have a GPA/GPE of at least 7.00 in that programme to be eligible for scholarship consideration.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can start, complete, and submit their PhD admission application via the official online portal of the university. Interested applicants do not need to apply for this scholarship, award, or prize or complete an online application form as it is awarded on the recommendation of the relevant faculty or the University of Auckland committee.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to provide an academic record, standing of awarding institution, academic references, CV and research, and publication record.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a master’s degree with a University of Auckland equivalent B+ grade or a bachelor’s honors degree with a University of Auckland equivalent B+ grade.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 90
- TOEFL Paper Based – 68
- IELTS – 6.5
- CAE – 169
- CPE – 169
- PTE – 58
- MELAB – 85
- LanguageCert International ESOL – C1
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE) – ISE III with a pass in all four components
The winning candidates will be offered an award of up to $35,000 for one year of PhD in Korean studies at the University of Auckland.