The Uganda Martyrs University in conjunction with African Center for Agro-Ecology and Livelihood Systems (ACALISE) is currently accepting applications for ACALISE Scholarships for 2018/19 intake. Students from Sub-Saharan African countries are eligible to apply to apply.
The main objective of ACALISE is to streamline the production of high level, well-motivated and ethically conscious critical mass of Agro-Ecology and Livelihood Systems experts.
User Review( votes)
The African Center for Agro-Ecology and Livelihood Systems (ACALISE) is a regional centre of excellence that is funded by the World Bank through the Government of Uganda.
- Application Deadline: May 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue MSc and PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Uganda Martyrs University in conjunction with African Center for Agro-Ecology and Livelihood Systems (ACALISE) invites applications from eligible candidates for 10 PhD and 108 MScACALISE National / International Scholarships in the following programmes:
- PhD. in Agro-Ecology and Livelihood Systems
- MSc in Agro-Ecology,
- MSc in Monitoring and Evaluation, MSc in Development Economics
- MA in Bioethics.
- MA in Microfinance and Management
- Scholarship Award: The MSc scholarship is a contribution towards tuition fees as per the university fees structure. All other costs will be met by the student. Regional students will receive Full Tuition fees while National students will receive half tuition fees.
- Nationality: Students from Sub-Saharan African countries
- Number of Scholarships: Uganda Martyrs University in conjunction with African Center for Agro-Ecology and Livelihood Systems (ACALISE) invites applications from eligible candidates for 10 PhD and 108 MSc ACALISE National / International Scholarships.
- Scholarship can be taken in Uganda
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from Sub-Saharan African countries are eligible to apply to apply:
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants must be citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa who are currently enrolled on any of the ACALISE Programmes listed above. Applicants are expected to have a conditional or final offer of admission from either Uganda Martyrs University, Makerere University or Wangari Maathai Institute for Peace and Environmental Studies at time of application and will be required to submit a copy of the same.
Regional and Female candidates, as well as candidates from less privileged groups, are especially encouraged to apply.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: A complete application form together with all the application documents listed above should be sent by email to dvcfa-at-umu.ac.ug.
Applications can also be hand delivered physically through our campuses (Rubaga / Nkozi) or the post office address.
- Fully filled and signed Uganda Martyrs University Scholarship form.
- Signed curriculum vitae.
- Certified university degree certificates and transcripts.
- Proof of admission to the ACALISE Programmes.
- Letter of motivation
- Two Referees at least one from Academia