Prospective students can apply for financial support towards their accommodation costs. There is a limited number of awards available of £1,500 per annum, the selection is based on financial need.
The University of St. Andrews is one of the best value places in the UK to gain a postgraduate degree. Our tuition fees are lower than many other universities, and the cost of living in the UK is amongst the most affordable in the country.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
- Course Level: The grant is available to pursue a postgraduate degree program.
- Study Subject: The grant is available to study the entire subject offered by the university.
- Award: The sponsorship will be awarded worth up to £1,500 and annually for the full tuition fee-paying duration of the student’s program.
- Number of Awards: Not known.
- Nationality: The grant is available for the UK, EU and international students.
- The award can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the opportunity :
- Eligible Countries: The grant is available for the UK, EU and international students.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants from outside the UK should refer to the “How to apply” section below for more information on household income. As part of the application you will be asked to upload the following documents:
Financial Statement: A written personal financial statement describing any history of financial need (such as free school meals/fees), your current financial circumstances (written context of declared household income), any changes to your income (known changes such as job loss), and how a support will assist your learning. This should include relevant information such as:
- Details of your personal financial situation
- Household members earning and those not earning income
- Any expected changes to this income after you start your intended course
- Whether you have been in receipt of any financial support such as benefits
- Any previous needs based scholarships/bursaries you have held
- Any extenuating circumstances such as carer, dependants, disability, refugee
- Where self-employed details of wages and drawings are required
- Any other information that will help us understand why you need funding
It is extremely important that you apply to us for funding giving complete and accurate information. Your course and funding application are not linked and applying for funding in no way impedes your course application.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: This scholarship is available for application through the Scholarships and Funding catalogue.
- If you have applied for a Postgraduate Taught program (e.g. MSc, MLitt, MRes, PG Certificate, PG Diploma, and Conversion Diploma), you should apply for the Accommodation Award – Postgraduate Taught. You can apply for programmes and funding by logging into My Application after you have applied for a Postgraduate Taught program. You should wait until the next working day after submission before attempting to access My Application.
- If you have applied for a Postgraduate Research program (e.g. PhD, MPhil, MFA), you should apply for the Accommodation Award – Postgraduate Research. After applying for your research course you will receive an email with instructions on how to access The grants and Funding catalogue.
Information for non-UK applicants: Household income will be assessed on below average country-specific income rates. When entering your income details in the application form, please convert your local currency to Pounds Sterling (GBP) and indicate the exchange rate you have used in the relevant question in the application form.