The American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the College of Surgeons of East, Central, and Southern Africa (COSECSA) have created a scholarship program to support women in surgical residency for the academic year 2023-2024.
The scholarship program is open to postgraduate international students in Tanzania. Selected students will receive an amount of $500. The number of awards will depend on the quality of applications and available funds.
Nice offer for international students to study in Tanzania.
User Review( votes)
COSECSA was developed by the Association of Surgeons of East Africa (ASEA). ASEA was formally inaugurated in Nairobi, Kenya, on 9 November 1950. In 1996, in reaction to scented inadequacies of surgical training in the area, the ASEA steering board chose to complete the College of Surgeons of East, Central & Southern Africa (COSECSA). These inadequacies were seen as the finite ability of academy teaching hospitals’ surgical training programs, the increasing problem in accessing UK surgical training programs at that time, and the variability of training programs from nation to nation.
Application Deadline: 15 February 2023.
- University or Organization: College of Surgeons of East, Central, and Southern Africa
- Department: American College of Surgeons
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: $500
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Tanzania
- Eligible Countries: Students from Botswana, Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe, are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The program is open to junior female surgical trainees enrolling in the COSECSA surgical fellowship program.
- The usage of this award is to register for the fellowship program.
- The COSECSA secretariat will administer the scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must complete the application and should be sent them to the COSECSA Scholarship Committee. The scholarship Reference Number to select on the application portal is ACS-COSECSA/2023/T1.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a personal statement indicating future goals, current curriculum vitae, and a letter of support from their surgical training program director.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must have good academic standing, and students must meet the requirements before admission.
- Language Requirement: The students must be proficient in the English language and the local language.
The American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the College of Surgeons of East, Central, and Southern Africa (COSECSA) will provide each scholarship worth $500. The number of awards will depend on the quality of applications and available funds.