In a time where pursuing higher studies abroad is met with financial hurdles, you should not miss out on this opportunity to conduct a fully funded study in the UK. Swansea University is inviting PhD students to apply for the Fully Funded International PhD Scholarships in Mechanical Engineering.
The scholarship application can be made by students of any nationality, home or foreign. The applicants must be applying for the PhD in Mechanical Engineering programme and must be in possession of a 2:1 relevant undergraduate degree to be considered. Winners can expect a full tuition fee and an annual stipend valued at £17,668.
Great offer for international students in the UK
User Review( votes)
Swansea University, founded in 1920, is a public research university. Ranking 425 in QS World University Rankings 2023 and 463 in Best Global Universities, it is a research-led institution with an excellent reputation for the quality of its student experience.
Why choose to study at Swansea University? Swansea University is an intrinsically principled, purposeful and resilient organization that focuses its everything around its students. With its consistently strong reputation for the quality of it student experience, the strength of its student support services, and its commitment to student’s mental health and well-being, it has advanced to being one of the top universities of the world.
Application Deadline: The closing date for applications is 6th February 2023.
- University or Organization: Swansea University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £17,668
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: International and British students both are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD in Mechanical Engineering programme at Swansea University can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants can apply for full-time or part-time study.
- The applicants can be candidates of any nationality.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested applicants are needed to complete an online application for admission, where they must follow the steps below to apply for this scholarship:
- Course choice – please select Mechanical Engineering / PhD / Full-time / 3 Year / October.
- Start year – please select 2023
- On Funding, page 8 –
- Are you funding your studies yourself?’ – please select ‘No’
- Name of Individual or organisation providing funds for study’ – please enter ‘RS276 – CRTAD-ASOME’
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- Cover letter
- Two references
- Copy of UK resident visa
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Monitoring Form
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold an undergraduate degree at 2.1 level or its international equivalent in Engineering or a similar relevant science discipline.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
Swansea University will award the winning candidates a scholarship worth full tuition fee coverage and an annual UKRI stipend of £17,668. Additional research expenses will also be available.