Are you considering a doctoral program at Goethe University? GRADE and the Faculty of Modern Languages are offering applications for the Ad Infinitum Doctoral Scholarships at the Faculty of Modern Languages at Goethe University in Germany.
The scholarships are aimed at young and highly gifted doctoral candidates who are in need of support. The AIF supports doctoral candidates in German Studies with a monthly scholarship of up to 1.350 Euro awarded for two years.
Nice offer to fund PhD study.
User Review( votes)
The Goethe Research Academy for Early Career Researchers (GRADE) is the central institution and platform for the support of early career researchers at Goethe University. Created by Goethe University, it offers multidisciplinary qualification programs, guidance, and support to researchers during the early stages of their careers.
Why study at Goethe University Frankfurt? GUF is one of the leading research universities in Germany. Students will find an excellent environment for pursuing their doctoral studies. As the heart of Europe and a large university, it offers undergraduate and advanced degrees in all traditional faculties.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023.
- Provider: GRADE and the Faculty of Modern Languages
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: 1,350 €/month
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Two
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Germany
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for PhD in German Studies as well as candidates in other disciplines at the Faculty for Modern Languages at Goethe University.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must take admitted as PhD candidates at the Faculty for Modern Languages
- The fast course of study
- Exceptional capability for scientific work
- No sufficient alternative financial support
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Before applying for the scholarship, applicants must apply for admission as PhD candidates at the Faculty for Modern Languages at Goethe University.
- To apply for the scholarship, applicants must download and complete the application. The application form can be found here.
- Applications can be submitted by e-mail (one PDF file) to:
phone: +49 (0)69 798-49406
- Supporting Documents: Before applying for a scholarship, make sure you have all of your supporting documentation in order.
- Letter of recommendation
- Exposé of the project
- Note: Applicants’ CVs and the letter of recommendation submitted by their supervisor are included in the application and the full exposée of their project which they submitted to the faculty with their application as doctoral candidates.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet the formal conditions and regulations for admission as doctoral candidates at Goethe University.
- Language Requirement: The working language at Goethe University is German. If applicants want to pursue their doctorate in German, they must provide proof of sufficient language skills(C1 certificate) when they apply at Goethe University and pass the DSH examination (German language proficiency examination for access to higher education) before they enrol.
Goethe University will pay out the monthly grant to the scholarship holders.
- The scholarship serves to cover living expenses during the preparation of the dissertation. Two scholarships can be awarded each year.
- Scholarship of up to 1,350 €/month
- Period of funding: 2 years