The University of Adelaide is inviting applications for a number of graduate research scholarships available to recent graduates to continue their education via masters or doctorate degree by research. International students can apply for these graduate research scholarships.
The University of Adelaide aims to create and engender a university culture that values health, safety and wellbeing as fundamental components of the work environment, supported by safe systems of work, appropriate governance, training, management structures and operational strategies.
Excellent offer to complete a masters or doctorate degree by research with free tuition fees and living allowance at Adelaide University in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s most prestigious universities and is renowned internationally for excellence in education and research.
Applicants are eligible to enrol as a commencing student in a full-time postgraduate research program at the University of Adelaide in the following semester.
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are exclusive to recent graduates to continue their education via a Masters or Doctorate degree by research.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the University of Adelaide.
- Award: The AGRS provides:
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only), and
- An annual living allowance ($27,596 in 2019) for two years f
- or a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only).
- No other allowances will be paid.
Note. The scholarship does not provide an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) allowance.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these graduate research scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: In order to be eligible for consideration a student must:
- complete their four year undergraduate degree including first-class honours in a research-based honours program at the University of Adelaide* in that semester OR have completed the above that year or in the previous year; or *This will be deemed to cover students who have completed all of their education at Adelaide and where the committee considers it appropriate students who have completed a lesser period of time but including the honours year.
- be completing their masters degree** with a sufficient research component to be approved by the Research Education Development Committee as a degree acceptable for entry to the PhD (refer to the Academic Program Rules) at the University of Adelaide in that semester OR have completed the above that year or in the previous year; ** Students undertaking a coursework masters degree will be required to obtain an overall grade of Distinction with not less than a High Distinction in their research component(s) to be eligible for programmes .
- be eligible to enrol as a commencing student in a full-time postgraduate research program at the University of Adelaide in the following semester;
- be an international student, and
- not be currently enrolled in a higher degree by research program at the University of Adelaide for which the student is applying for a scholarship.
- Note. Currently enrolled PhD students are not eligible to apply.
- Note. Applicants who were considered in a previous round are not eligible for reconsideration.
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, The University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
- English Language Requirements: The university’s preferred accredited English language tests are: IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English – Academic, and CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced). Students without the required level of English will need to satisfactorily complete an intensive program of English language before being admitted to the University of Adelaide. The University can arrange an appropriate English language program, Academic English (PEP Pathway) in Adelaide at the university’s English Language Centre.
How to Apply:: The mode of applying is online. Whether applicants are international or domestic, the application process is straight forward.