The American University of Central Asia is accepting applications for the Afghan Students program, funded by the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, and administered by American Councils for International Education: ACTR/ACCELS.
The studentships are available for pursuing undergraduate program. These are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Fab choice for aspirants from citizens of Afghanistan.
User Review( votes)
The American University of Central Asia is a liberal arts university located in Bishkek. It is an international, multi-disciplinary learning community in the American liberal arts tradition. AUCA is the first university in Central Asia to offer US accredited degrees in liberal arts programs through a partnership with Bard College in the United States.
Why at the American University of Central Asia? Founded in 1993, AUCA develops future leaders for the democratic transformation of Central Asia. AUCA is committed to freedom of expression, critical inquiry, and academic honesty.
University or Organization: American University of Central Asia
Course Level: Undergraduate program
Award: Tuition Fee
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Citizens of Afghanistan
The program can be taken in Kyrgyzstan
Application Deadline: Closed
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Afghanistan are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The Afghan Students program does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national and ethnic origin, or disability.
- Competition is merit-based (primarily focused on female applicants) and open to anyone who is:
- A citizen/resident of Afghanistan at the time of application & during the selection process;
- The recipient of a high school diploma by the time of application;
- College freshmen or students who are currently in the first year of their undergraduate study
Proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application;
- Able to demonstrate academic excellence, professional aptitude, and leadership potential;
Able to begin the academic program in September 2018; and
- Committed to returning to Afghanistan after completion of the program to contribute to its development.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants need to download the application, read the 2018 instructions and fill out the application and email the following documents by May 20, 2018 (deadline).
- Supporting Documents: Holders must submit the scanned copy of School Diploma or Shahadatnama (please make sure to scan both sides)
- Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Benefit: The sponsorship will cover roundtrip travel from home to host university once per academic year, tuition, basic medical care, housing and meal stipend of students during all four years of undergraduate study in AUCA, and a one-year preparatory program at the New Generation Academy (NGA).