The American University of Central Asia is accepting applications for the Afghan Students Scholarship Program, funded by the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, and administered by American Councils for International Education: ACTR/ACCELS.
The American University of Central Asia, formerly the Kyrgyz-American University and the American University in Kyrgyzstan, is a liberal arts university located in Bishkek, the capital of the former Soviet republic of Kyrgyzstan.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: May 20, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover roundtrip travel from home to host university once per academic year, tuition, basic medical care, housing and meal stipend of students during all four years of undergraduate study in AUCA, and a one-year preparatory program at the New Generation Academy (NGA).
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Kyrgyzstan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Afghanistan are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The Afghan Students Scholarship Program does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national and ethnic origin, or disability. Competition is merit-based (primarily focused on female applicants) and open to anyone who is:
A citizen/resident of Afghanistan at the time of application & during the selection process;
The recipient of a high school diploma by the time of application;
College freshmen or students who are currently in the first year of their undergraduate study
Proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application;
Able to demonstrate academic excellence, professional aptitude, and leadership potential;
Able to begin the academic program in September 2018; and
Committed to returning to Afghanistan after completion of the program to contribute to its development.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply:
- Click here to download the application
- Read the 2018 instructions and fill out the application
- Email the following documents by May 20, 2018 (deadline)
- Completed application
- Scanned copy of School Diploma or Shahadatnama (please make sure to scan both sides)