East African Development Bank and the Africa-America Institute are offering scholarships for the Citizens of the EADB member states (Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda). Students should have a bachelor’s degree with an interest in pursuing a graduate degree at Rutgers University and New Jersey Institute of Technology, world-class universities less than an hour away from New York City.
The aim of the institute is to strengthen human capacity for Africa’s development through education, skills training, dialogue, convening activities, program development, and management.
STEM award is Admirable opportunity for Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda Citizens.
User Review( votes)
The objective of the Africa-America Institute is to play a role in providing Africa’s youth with opportunities to strengthen their talents and skills and become the chief economic drivers in their communities.
University or Organization: East African Development Bank and the Africa-America Institute
Course Level: Master degree program
Award: Full Scholarship
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Citizens of Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda
The program can be taken in the USA
Application Deadline: Closed
To be eligible for this prestigious scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda
- A university graduate with a bachelor’s degree with first class/upper second honors in mathematics, sciences or engineering
- Have at least three (3) years of teaching experience in a STEM-related field at a public institution in East Africa;
- Currently working full-time in public, government-owned educational institutions
- Committed to returning to their home country, to teach in a public government-owned institution which is a mandatory requirement.
- Diligent in successfully completing the application process by the allotted deadlines at Rutgers University.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To participate, the applicants need to send their application to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit a copy of your Bachelor’s degree, Transcripts of your grades, a completed application form (the Application Form can be downloaded here), copy of your valid Passport, copy of your GRE scores**** (due in phase 2 with your application to Rutgers University, April 1),Letter of support from, One-page essay on how you imagine the masters level education would advance your own career, and how you would then make a positive impact in advancing STssEM skills development in your home country; also specify why you should be added to the pool of the applicants to apply to Rutgers University?
- Language Requirements: All undergraduate students (domestic and international) applying to these two universities who are coming directly from HS are required to take the SAT. All graduate students are required to take the GRE and international students not taught in English the TOEFL.