The AFRIKA KOMMT is providing the AFRIKA KOMMT Training Program for brilliant aspirants in Germany. Female candidates are welcome to apply.
The AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship program aims at highly qualified, self-driven young professionals and junior executives from Sub-Saharan Africa with several years of hands-on work experience, strong leadership qualities and a very high level of commitment and dedication.
Great opportunity for Sub-Saharan African Students to study in Germany.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: January 10, 2020
- Course Level: This fellowship is available to pursue 8 months training programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded to study the leading German enterprise.
- Nationality: African
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Students from African Countries (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must
- Citizen of a country in Africa
- University degree in a relevant subject (please see individual company profiles)
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage
- Two to five years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit
- Female candidates are welcome
- How to Apply: You can apply through the online application form.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
The AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship program includes:
- Language course
An individual German language course before departure to Germany
An intensive German language course in Germany including fees, accommodation and living allowance
- Travelling expenses – Flights, Visa, etc.
Visa for Germany for one year
Roundtrip airfare from your home town to Germany and back
Travel to refresher course and back
Programme-related travelling expenses in Germany
- Monthly living allowance during the theoretical phase
Monthly living allowance of € 750,- (August, September and October 2019; July 2020
One-off relocation fee of € 1.000,- for settling back into the home countries
Monthly salary during the internship in the companies of approx. € 1.500,- gross
The monthly allowance of € 750,- and the salary ensures an adequate standard of living in Germany
However, the amount is not sufficient to provide financial support for families or relatives and for this reason they cannot accompany the fellow to Germany. Additionally, the participants have to make arrangements to ensure the subsistence of their families in their home countries during their participation in the programme.
Accommodation during all stages of the programme in Germany (including internet allowance, electricity, water and other charges)
Health, accident and liability insurance
International management training courses
Study tour and weekend seminars in Germany
- Alumni activities
Refresher course in Germany or Africa, including management training
Alumni networking activities