Are you a woman and girls who desire to learn about STEM often face a challenging set of circumstances in fields traditionally dominated by men? If so, AFS has created a program dedicated to the future of women in STEM fields.
The Global STEM Accelerators program is a 12-week digital program co-developed by AFS and the University of Pennsylvania and is open to young women from anywhere in the world.
Nice offer for worldwide women to apply for 12-week digital program.
User Review( votes)
AFS is an international, voluntary, non-governmental, non-profit organization. AFS Intercultural Programs deliver intercultural learning opportunities to help people grow the knowledge, skills, and understanding required to build a more just and peaceful world.
Why apply to this program? Scholars who complete the program earn the Advanced Certificate on Global Competence for Social Impact, awarded by AFS and the University of Pennsylvania Centre for Social Impact Strategy.
Application Deadline: 15 March 2023.
- University or Organization: AFS
- Department: STEM
- Course Level: 12-week digital program
- Award: Full scholarship
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 360
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) field studies
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be young women ages 15-17.5 years old at the program start date (Birth dates from December 1, 2005, through September 1, 2008).
- Must be able to participate fully in a classroom setting and program conducted entirely in English.
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability, STEM, and interacting with different cultures.
- Talented young people from all backgrounds who reflect the diversity of populations worldwide, particularly underrepresented populations and students with high financial need, are strongly encouraged to apply!
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply for the program through the link: Apply Now
- Supporting Documents: NA
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must be interested in STEM, sustainability, and global competencies.
- This given technology will applicants need access to to participate:
- A computer, smartphone, or other digital device to access the virtual program content
- An integrated webcam and microphone for participation in online dialogue sessions
- Stable internet or Wi-Fi connection
- Note: if internet or technology accessibility is an issue, AFS may be able to help.
- Language Requirement: Ability to participate fully, both online and in a classroom, in a program conducted entirely in English.
- AFS and the University of Pennsylvania Centre for Social Impact Strategy will award a full scholarship program and the Advanced Certificate on Global Competence for Social Impact to winning scholars.
- The program is available only via scholarship award. Participation will require approximately 3-4 hours of your time each week.
- 20% were refugees or displaced persons; 82% identified as People of Color; 51% were from low-income households; and 10% are set to be the first in their families to graduate from high school.