The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) and the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), which are both part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), together with the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) are pleased to invite applications for the second intake of the AHRC-ESRC-FCO Knowledge Exchange (KE) Fellowship scheme.
The scheme provides the opportunity for arts and humanities and social science researchers to be seconded into the FCO (London Office) to work alongside, advise and influence policymakers. It aims to support Fellows who will bring fresh thinking, depth and breadth of expert knowledge and apply their learning to policy challenges.
User Review( votes)
This is not a scheme to support research projects about the FCO or its work, but rather to build new capacity in the FCO and across the UK research base.
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Research program.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded to study Arts and Humanities and Social Science.
- Scholarship Award: AHRC and ESRC will contribute 80 percent of the costs and the remaining balance must be guaranteed by the Fellow’s research organization.
- Nationality: The Fellowship is available to UK citizens
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: The Fellowship is available to UK citizens.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be resident in the UK and be employed by a UKRI-eligible research organization (higher education institution or recognized independent research organization), as per standard AHRC eligibility rules (see AHRC Research Funding Guide, section 3, p. 47 for details). Researchers at all stages of their careers from post-doctoral, to early- and mid-career academics, as well as professors, are encouraged to apply.
- In addition, applicants need to have a minimum of two years’ residence, including 12 months of continuous residence, in the UK in the preceding ten years.
- Applicants may not apply to successive rounds of the pilot scheme. Therefore, applicants who applied to the 2017 deadline of the AHRC-ESRC-FCO Fellowship Scheme are not eligible to apply to the 2018 deadline.
How to Apply: Application materials must include the following:
- This call will be managed by the AHRC on behalf of the two participating Research Councils and the FCO.
- Applications must be submitted through the Je-S system by 16.00 on 31 October 2018. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
- Applicants will need to complete the Je-S application form called:
AHRC-ESRC-FCO Knowledge Exchange Fellowship Scheme 31 October 2018
- Also, include the financial details and the following attachments:
- Case for Support
- Publications List
- RO Letter of Support