The American India Foundation (AIF) is now accepting applications for William J. Clinton Fellowship for Service in India. The fellowship is available for both US and Indian applicants.
The aim of the fellowship is to exchange knowledge and skills and share a mutual passion for advancing social and economic development.
User Review( votes)
The American India Foundation (AIF) is dedicated to catalyzing social and economic change in India and building a lasting bridge between the United States and India.
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2019
- Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue research
- Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in the fields of education, livelihoods, and public health.
- Award: The fellowship will cover the followings:
- For U.S. Fellows, AIF provides a roundtrip ticket from their point of origin to India, along with insurance coverage and a monthly living stipend. For Indian Fellows, AIF provides domestic travel from their hometowns in India, insurance coverage, and a monthly living stipend. Please note that the stipend is not a salary, but a living stipend designed to enable Fellows to volunteer in India. The stipend covers basic living expenses such as rent, meals and incidentals, and local transportation related to a Fellows’ project.
- The amount of money for living expenses will vary widely upon location. The stipend is designed to allow Fellows a local lifestyle comparable to that of other local staff at their host organizations. Fellows should expect to live modestly and may need to adjust to a different style of living and spending habits than what they are accustomed to.
- The stipend does not cover personal entertainment, non-program related travel, luxury items, or alcoholic beverages. Candidates should plan on bringing additional funds to allow for personal travel and other non-essential items. The amount will depend entirely on your personal spending habits.
- Nationality: USA and India
- Number of Awards: Number of fellowships is not given.
- The award can be taken in India
- Eligible Countries: U.S. or Indian applicants are eligible for the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must:
- Be a U.S. or Indian citizen, or a U.S. permanent resident;
- Be between the ages of 21 and 34 on September 1, 2019;
- Have completed an undergraduate or Bachelor’s degree before the start of the program on September 1, 2019.
- English Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. It is not a requirement for Fellows to speak the local language; however it is considered a valuable skill in the selection process and taken into consideration when placing Fellows with AIF partner organizations. If accepted into the program, Fellows may be eligible to receive some language training in a local language.
- AIF is partnering with Fluid Review for the application process. Once you click on “Start Application your online application.
How to Apply:
- AIF requires two references. Applicants will be asked to submit their references only if they make it to the interview round. Candidates have to provide their references in the online application portal. Applicants references will be asked to complete an online form that evaluates their ability to succeed on the Fellowship. Applicant’s references should be able to address their work ethic, their cultural adaptability, Applicants communication skills and work style, and their career goals. The Foundation requests that they provide references familiar to them in a professional or volunteer setting. References cannot be family, relatives or friends.