The Ashinaga is inviting applications for the Ashinaga Africa Initiative for the orphan applicants of Sub-Saharan Africa in Japan. Ashinaga scholarship covers tuition, accommodation, travel costs, and other necessary fees.
The aim of the program is to contribute to Sub-Saharan Africa’s expanding role in global development through increasing access to higher education abroad.
Nice opportunity for aspirants
User Review( votes)
Ashinaga is a Japan-based non-profit organization, which provides educational and emotional support to orphaned students. The organization has supported over 100,000 orphans in the last 54 years, and many of its graduates are actively contributing to society in a variety of fields across the world.
- Application Deadline: February 2021
- Course Level: The grant is available to pursue an undergraduate degree.
- Study Subject: The grant is awarded in the fields offered by the university.
- Award: Full financial support to study at the university abroad (equivalent to the undergraduate degree), including tuition, room, travel cost and other necessary fees.
- Nationality: Sub-Saharan African
- Number of Awards: Number of scholarship is not given.
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African
- Entrance Requirements: Applicant must:
Have lost one or both parents
- Have completed secondary school and passed national secondary school examination (technical and vocational degrees not accepted) within the last two years (any date after 1st September 2018, including all of 2021 and 2020) or will have completed secondary school and received final exam results before February 28th, 2021.
- Were born after 1st September 1997
- Have an outstanding academic performance at high school and were amongst the top students in their class
- Be committed to returning home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contribute to society in Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university.
How to Apply
- Completed application form with the documents such as:
- Copy of birth certificate of applicant.
- Copy of death certificate of deceased parent(s), including the deceased parent’s name, or alternative official documentation proving the death of a parent(s) or orphan status.
- Copy of national ID card or passport.
- Copy of term reports / high school transcripts (from the last 2 years).
- Copy of final Secondary School Examination Certificate*
- Copy of academic transcripts or diplomas from university/post-secondary institution, if applicable.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.