Applications are invited for Akili Dada fellowship from young African women leaders between the ages of 23-30. The fellowship is available for those who are driving transformative change in their communities and are looking to grow their projects to scale and sustainability.
Applicants must be from an economically disadvantaged background and be able to commit one year to the fellowship program (beginning January 2016 and ending December 2016). Applicants must be able to attend training every other month for one week in Nairobi, Kenya is eligible.
- Study Subject(s): Fellowship is awarded to design and implement solutions to the challenges faced by their communities. It provides opportunities for dynamic young women leaders to learn essential skills and apply those skills in the context of their communities.
- Course Level: This is a one-year fellowship program.
- Scholarship Provider: Akili Dada, Kenya
- Scholarship can be taken at Kenya (to attend training every other month for one week), Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda or Burundi
- Be a young woman between the ages of 23-30
- Be from an economically disadvantaged background.
- Have a Social Enterprise (a business with a social impact) or a Social Innovation (an initiative that has a social impact).
- Demonstrate previous leadership initiative and experience.
- Have been working on your project for at least two years preferably on a full-time basis
- Be able to commit one year to the fellowship program (beginning January 2016 and ending December 2016)
- Be able to attend training every other month for one week in Nairobi, Kenya
- Must be able to communicate in English both written and verbal.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Applicants from East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda or Burundi) are eligible to apply.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): Fellowship is awarded for a period of one year.
What does it cover? Akili Dada fellows will benefit from
Access to a series of seminars from experts in the social change field
Site visits to successful social entrepreneurship and social impact organizations
Access to a dynamic network of Akili Dada Mentors
Access to the Akili Dada network of funding partners and social change agents
Access to Akili Dada’s office facilities.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Completed applications can be submitted via the website or sent via e-mail to apply-at-akilidada.org. Also submit two Letters of Recommendation from persons who are well acquainted with you, your commitment to social change work, demonstrated leadership initiative and experience, and your connection to the community where you intend to implement your fellowship project.
Application Deadline: Closed