To encourage working journalists to pursue independent projects of significant interest and to write articles based on their investigations, Opportunity Desk has announced the Alicia Patterson Fellowship offered by the Alicia Patterson Foundation for the academic year 2022-2023.
This fellowship program has been organized especially for candidates who are full-time print journalists or U.S print publications. All US national applicants and applicants from abroad are eligible to apply and will be considered. The award s valued at a maximum of $40,000 for the duration of one year.
User Review( votes)
Opportunity Desk is the largest digital media platform that bridges the gap in education by sharing information on relevant learning and growth opportunities for youth around the world. OD is committed to highlighting and documenting the success stories and experiences of young change makers.
Opportunity Desk provides access to global experiences to all through education opportunities abroad, scholarships, training, grants, awards, jobs, internships, and volunteer programs. OD hopes to bring an international experience to everybody regardless of their background, age, etc.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 1st November 2022.
- University or Organization: Opportunity Desk Organization
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: $40,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Home and International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: US national students and overseas students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the Alicia Patterson Fellowship.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be full-time print journalists or U.S print publications.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must submit a fellowship application for the Alicia Patterson Fellowship. All applicants will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Fellowship proposal
- Work samples
- Professional autobiography
- Estimate costs
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must be prior print journalists or publications.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must be fluent and proficient in the English language.
The candidates selected will be provided a stipend of $40,000 for a year and $20,000 for 6 months under this fellowship award.