The Iowa College Aid is offering the state-funded AIOS award program for Iowa students who attend an eligible Iowa college/university.
It’s a great chance to get fund for study.
User Review( votes)
The Iowa College Aid was opened in 1963 by the Iowa General Assembly. Known as the Iowa College Student Aid Commission, it has assisted as the State of Iowa’s student financial aid agency for more than 50 years.
Application Deadline: Both the FAFSA and Iowa Financial Aid Application must be submitted by 1 March.
- University or Organization: College Student Aid Commission (Iowa College Aid)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: High school
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Iowa resident
- The prize can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Iowa State of the USA
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The grant will be awarded for high school study in any subjects
- Admissible Criteria: To be suitable, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Must be an Iowa resident
- Attending a worthy Iowa college or university
- Should have graduated from a qualified Iowa high school or completed a high school equivalency diploma within the last two years
- Must be a first-time college first-year student in the fall 2020 or spring 2021 semesters (unless you are renewing your Award)
- Must be continuously enrolled in college and consistently receiving a scholarship disbursement to renew a scholarship
- Enrol for at least three semester hours (or the trimester or quarter equivalent) in a program leading to an undergraduate degree, diploma or certificate
- Have an eligible Expected Family Contribution (EFC) on the 2020-21 FAFSA. (For reference, the allowable EFC range in 2019-20 was $0-$9,288.)
- Scholars who age out of Iowa’s foster care system, age out of the State Training School, and students adopted from Iowa’s foster care system after 16 age
- Children of deceased public safety workers (including peace officers, police, firefighters, sheriffs and deputy sheriffs)
- Applicants who participated in specific federal TRIO programs while in high school (Upward Bound, Talent Search, Educational Opportunity Center)
- Candidates who graduated from alternative high schools or alternative high school programs
- Students who joined in a Federal GEAR UP Grant program in Iowa
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Attentive applicants are required to submit the Iowa Financial Aid Application (IFAA).
- Supporting Documents: None, or may be required at the time of application submission.
- Entry Requirements: Students must submit the FAFSA
- Language Requirement: Applicants must be able to prove proficiency in English.
The Iowa College Aid will provide benefits as the following:
- The AIOS award amount adjusts each year. For reference, the maximum value was $4,644 for the 2019-20 school year.
- First-time AIOS recipients in the 2020-21 school year can get the grant for up to eight full-time semesters or sixteen part-time semesters.