The Alltech Young Scientist (AYS) program features the world’s largest agriscience competition. It offers the brightest scientific thinkers from colleges and universities across the globe an opportunity to compete at the highest level and be rewarded for their innovative research.
Students are encouraged to join Alltech in pursuit of solutions in animal health and nutrition, crop science, agriculture analytical methods, food chain safety and traceability, human health and nutrition and other agriscience-related sectors, while also gaining valuable experience with the company’s global team.
User Review( vote)
There are two categories in the Alltech Young Scientist program: Undergraduate and Graduate.
- Undergraduate students can participate and compete in the Undergraduate Category.
- Masters or PhD degree students can participate and compete in the Graduate Category.
Paper Requirements – Regional Competition Phase
Entrants must write a scientific paper that meets the following requirements:
- The paper should focus on one of the topics in the document . Additional topics may be submitted for approval to youngscientist-at-alltech.com.
- The paper must be original and unpublished.
- The paper must be written in English.
- The paper must include a summary with a maximum of 250 words.
- The paper must include the following sections: Summary, Introduction, Materials, Results, Discussions and Reference.
- Undergraduate papers should be 3000-3500 words. Graduate papers should be 3000-5000 words. In both cases, the summary and references are not included in the word count. Papers that continue beyond the given word count may not be considered.
2017 Program Timeline
|Nomination and Registration Deadline||11:59 PM EDT October 31, 2016|
|Submission Deadline||11:59 PM EDT December 31, 2016|
|Regional Award Announcement||March – April, 2017|
|Global Competition/Discovery Week||May 2017|