Applications are invited for PSI fellowship available researchers (postdocs) from all over the world to pursue their research career at one of PSI’s internationally recognized research departments. 30 PSI-FELLOW postdocs will be appointed in 2017 and in 2019.
PSI-FELLOW is cofounded by Horizon2020: Marie-Curie action COFUND. The programme will contribute to the sustainable scientific excellence of the ERA by enabling a new generation of highly qualified researchers to efficiently disseminate scientific knowledge.
Amazing opportunity for candidates.
User Review( votes)
The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences in Switzerland, conducting cutting-edge research in three main fields: matter and materials, energy and environment and human health.
- Course Level: Fellowship is available for undertaking a postdoctoral research project.
- Study Subject: The research areas include natural and engineering sciences. The grand themes are:
- Materials and matter,
- Human health and life-sciences,
- New accelerator concepts, beam characterization methods, detectors,
- Energy and environment,
- Multidisciplinary science at the research facilities
- Within these grand themes, the PIs have opened sub-themes on which you are invited to propose your project proposal. Please contact the PI for further information.
- Award: The duration of a fellowship in PSI-FELLOW-II-3i is two years and cannot be prolonged over the initially granted funding period. Employment after the initially granted time must be financed from other sources.
- The award can be taken in Switzerland
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- PhD. degree at the time of recruitment.
- Publication record at the time of application, which shows at least one original accepted publication in the press or published in a peer-reviewed journal. If the applicant is not the first author of that publication a confirmation of the first author or supervisor needs to be provided that the applicant’s contribution to the scientific content of the publication was highly relevant.
- Submission of a complete application package (CV, Proposal, 2 Reference Letters) before the published deadline.
- Mobility rule as defined in the MSCA Guide for Applicants (14. April 2015): Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Switzerland for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- In addition, every single proposed project will undergo an ethical issue check by the Ethical Evaluation Committee (EEC).
- PSI-FELLOW is open for candidates from any country in the world.
- Applicants must have a PhD degree at the time of recruitment.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Please submit your application online for the position as a PSI-FELLOW-ll-3i / Postdoctoral Fellow by following the instructions below:
- Where it says “upload application letter”, please upload the following completed templates (forms): Form A01 (Personal data), Form A02 (CV template) and Form A04 (two reference letters, separately) compiled as one single PDF document.
- Where it says “upload resume”, please upload Form A03 (research proposal template) and Form A05 (ethical issues guidelines) compiled as one single PDF document.
- Where is says “upload additional documents”, any other documents such as certificates and diplomas? Please upload your PhD certificate here.
Application Deadline: Closed