The Computing Sciences Area at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory is seeking applications from candidates who want to make outstanding contributions to computer science, mathematics, and computational sciences, for its Luis W. Alvarez Postdoctoral Fellowship and Admiral Grace M. Hopper Postdoctoral Fellowship offered for the academic year 2022-2023.
This postdoctoral fellowship opportunity is a two-year postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal and conversion to a Career or Term Research Scientist position based upon appropriate division review and approval, job performance, continuing availability of funds, and ongoing operational needs. Researchers in computer science, mathematics, or any computational science discipline with Ph.D. degree certificates received no later than September 30, 2023, are eligible to apply.
User Review( votes)
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory will allow the selected candidates to work with a research group within the Computing Sciences Area. They will also receive a competitive salary, professional travel allowance, relocation assistance, excellent benefits, and an opportunity to work in the dynamic San Francisco Bay Area for two years of study.
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, commonly referred to as Berkeley Lab, is a United States national laboratory owned by and conducts scientific research on behalf of the United States Department of Energy. The lab’s mission is to become the most pressing and profound scientific problem facing humanity.
Berkeley Lab was founded by Ernest Orlando Lawrence, a UC Berkeley physicist. He won the 1939 Nobel Prize in physics for his invention of the cyclotron, a circular particle accelerator that opened the door to high-energy physics. The laboratory was built on the belief that scientific research is best done through teams of individuals with different fields of expertise working together.
Application Deadline: Students must submit their application by 24th September 2022.
- University or Organization: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Educational benefits
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: Students from all regions can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can apply for the Luis W. Alvarez Postdoctoral fellow and Admiral Grace M. Hopper Postdoctoral fellow position at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have received their Ph.D. no earlier than January 1, 2020, but no later than September 30, 2023, and should be able to join Berkeley Lab by December 1, 2023.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants interested in applying for the fellowship must log in to the laboratory’s online portal. All eligible candidates will be considered for the fellow position.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover Letter
- Research Statement
- Publications List
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a Ph.D. in computer science, mathematics, computational science, or related discipline.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of the position they are applying for. Typically, English language proficiency may be expected.
The candidates chosen by the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory will work with a research group within the Computing Sciences Area and receive a competitive salary, professional travel allowance, relocation assistance, excellent benefits, and an opportunity to work in the dynamic San Francisco Bay Area.