The University of New South Wales offers a higher degree research program called the Global Change Scholarships. This scholarship is for international students who want to study for an MPhil or Ph.D. at the University. The award amount is $38,854, and there are several scholarships available. To be eligible, students must be Australian citizens or permanent residents. Selection is based on academic merit and research potential.
Application Deadline: October 6, 2022
User Review( votes)
- Organization: The University of New South Wales
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue MPhil/Ph.D. programs.
- Award Amount: $38,854
- Number of Awards: Several
- Nationality: International Students
- Eligible Countries: Australian students are eligible to apply.
- Eligibility: Students can apply for the higher degree research program offered at The University of New South Wales
The Engineering HDR Sanctuary Scholarship has been developed to support talented students who may be asylum seekers or refugees and who wish to pursue a higher research degree (MPhil or Ph.D.) at UNSW Engineering. Eligible applicants will be assessed based on a personal statement indicating how their circumstances and financial status have impacted them. Students who demonstrate a passion and aptitude for research are encouraged to apply.
Must have met the entry requirements for a Higher Degree Research program at UNSW as specified in the Admission to Higher Degree Research Program procedure
- Be enrolled in a full-time capacity
- Be experiencing financial hardship
- not already
- Have received another equivalent scholarship
- Be enrolled in a degree program at an Australian Institution
- I have already completed an equivalent degree
- Meets all eligibility requirements
- Personal Statement indicating how their status has impacted their ability to conduct higher degree research
How to Apply
Step 1. Applicants should apply Online, indicating they wish to be considered for a scholarship. Include a personal statement about how your asylum seeker or refugee status has impacted your ability to engage in higher degree research activities.
Step 2. Applicants should apply for Ph.D. admissions, indicating they wish to be considered for a scholarship. Include a copy of your current passport or travel documentation used to enter Australia.
Step 3. Once the Ph.D. admissions applications have been successfully submitted, applicants should then send the following documents to [email protected]
A one-page personal statement indicating how your asylum seeker or refugee status has impacted your ability to engage in higher degree research activities
A copy of your current passport or the travel documentation used to enter Australia enables UNSW to verify that you hold one of the specified visas. Accordingly, a copy of one of the following documents must be provided
- Titre de Voyage
- PLO56 (M56)
Document For Travel To Australia (DFTTA) Documentation and visa status will be checked using the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) service.
$38,854 per annum stipend for the length of the degree program up to a maximum of 3.5 years. This scholarship provides for the following:
- A stipend for living allowances valued at $38,854 per annum for 3.5 years for Ph.D., two years for MPhil, indexed annually
- English language course through UNSW Global University English Entry course (granted on a needs basis)
- Allowances to assist students with ancillary costs of an HDR program, such as:
- A standard single Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved at the UNSW preferred provider (approximately $2700 for the program)
- $2000 Relocation costs to undertake an HDR degree
- $400 HDR thesis production costs.