The American Academy in Rome (AAR) offers up to six fellowships for Italian artists and scholars in 2019–20. These fellowships are available in the field of Art and Humanities.
Italian artists and scholars live and work in the Academy community, pursuing their own projects participating in its collaborative, interdisciplinary environment and helping make connections between Rome Prize Fellows and their Italian peers.
User Review( votes)
The aim of the fellowships is to give support to Italian artists and scholars.
In 1893, a group of American architects, painters and sculptors met regularly while planning the fine arts section of the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago. The group discussed the idea of forming an American school for artists in Europe as a place for American artists to study and further their skills.
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to Artists and Scholars.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the fields of Humanities and Art:
- Humanities: The Academy invites proposals in archaeology, classics, history, the history of art and architecture, literature, religious studies, anthropology and musicology.
- Art: Artists in the following fields are eligible: Architecture/Design (including architecture, landscape architecture, jewelry and fashion, furniture, set and lighting design, graphic design, urban planning, and other related design fields), Historic Preservation and Conservation (including architectural design, public policy and the conservation of works of art), Literature, Musical Composition, and the Visual Arts.
- Scholarship Award: All fellowships include room, board and a stipend.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy (Rome)
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Italian students are eligible to apply for these fellowships programme.
- Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for fellowship:
Fellows are required to live in Rome
Applicants must select the project related to Arts and Humanities.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.