If you need funding for abroad study then you have an opportunity to apply for an AUC International Scholarship. The American University in Cairo is offering scholarships for international non-degree students.
Good opportunity for international students.
User Review( votes)
Located in Egypt, the American University in Cairo is an independent, English language, private, research university. It offers American-style learning programs for candidates at the undergraduate, graduate and professional levels.
Why at the American University in Cairo? The university offers a variety of services to help students to identify their career goals and paths, as well as gain work experience while studying at AUC. It helps to prepare students to move into the career of their choice.
- University or Organization: American University in Cairo
- Department: NA
- Course Level: undergraduate and graduate degree program
- Award: Tuition fee
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Four opportunities are awarded
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Egypt
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2019, or June 1, 2019
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for programmes .
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The bursaries are open to study the undergraduate and graduate degree program in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: The applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The student must enroll in at least nine credit hours in Egyptology. Applicants should have an interest in the Middle East to pursue Middle East studies, political science or history at AUC for one semester/year. Applicants have a minimum number of credit hours should be 12 credits during the semester of the award. The applicants’ last home institution in the United States. It is awarded for one semester only and can be extended to one year if the student is eligible. Eligibility is based on academic progress.
How to Apply
- How to apply: A student is required to gain admission to the University in undergraduate and graduate degree program. Then applicants can complete an online application for the opportunity s through Banner Self-Service.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must have to submit a 1,500-word essay on why he/she would like to study at AUC and Egypt at large and a recommendation letter(s) from the faculty member.
- Admission Requirements: For admission at the university, applicants must have a GPA should be a minimum of 3.2 or more, official secondary transcripts or mark sheets and satisfy AUC’s study abroad admission requirements.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Benefits: The financial aid positions will cover the tuition fee for the course.