The American University in Cairo is offering scholarships for international non-degree students. Scholarships are open to undergraduate students enrolled in US colleges/universities.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
AUC is a leading English-language, American-accredited institution of higher education and centre of the intellectual, social and cultural life of the Arab world. Its community of students, parents, faculty and staff, trustees, alumni and other generous sponsors represent more than 60 countries.
• Application Deadline: December 2, 2018
• Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue an undergraduate degree program.
• Study Subject: Scholarships are available to study the entire subject offered by the university.
• Scholarship Award: Scholarships will cover the tuition fee.
• Number of Scholarships: Two scholarships are available.
• Nationality: Scholarships are available for international students.
• Scholarship can be taken in Egypt.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
• Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available for international students.
• Entrance Requirement: Applicant must meet the following criteria:
1. It is awarded for one semester only and can be extended to one year if the student is eligible. Eligibility is based on academic progress.
2. It is to be used for covering tuition and/or AUC housing.
3. The student must enrol in at least nine credit hours in Egyptology.
4. The applicant must write a 1,500-word essay on why he/she wants to study Egyptology at AUC, including referring to three Egyptology courses which he/she wishes to take at AUC.
5. The award is given to undergraduate students enrolled in US colleges/universities.
6. Applicants should have an interest in the Middle East to pursue Middle East studies, political science or history at AUC for one semester/year.
7. GPA should be a minimum of 3.2 or more.
8. The minimum number of credit hours should be 12 credits during the semester of the award.
• English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. When you apply for this scholarship, you’ll need to supply evidence of your involvement in extracurricular activities relating to your development as a future professional architect (if applicable).