Applications are now open for LLM in International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights (2018–2019) Scholarships at Geneva Academy in Switzerland. The academy offers partial and full grants for our LLM. Partial cover tuition fees. Full awards cover tuition fees and living expenses in Geneva for 10 months.
This one-year postgraduate degree course provides advanced, comprehensive and practical training in IHL, international human rights law (IHRL), international criminal law, as well as the interplay between them.
Exceptional Scholarships at Geneva Academy.
User Review( votes)
The Geneva Academy is a leading research and education institution in international humanitarian law (IHL) and human rights (HR). Students enrolled at the Geneva Academy have the opportunity to be taught by leading academics in the field.
Applications Deadline: Application ends on March 1, 2019, and Application end (with scholarship) February 1, 2019.
Candidates must have:
- These are available to study Postgraduate program.
- These are awarded in the field of LLM in International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights.
- A full degree in law (received by June at the latest) enabling the applicant to set the bar exam in the relevant country; or another degree if the applicant has a significant amount of training in public international law and courses related to our program (e.g. international human rights law, international humanitarian law, international criminal law)
- These are available for International students.
- A demonstrable interest in the subject matter of the program (e.g. professional experience, internships, summer school, conferences attended, publications, etc.)
- A passive knowledge of French is an asset as students might have to attend conferences and class presentations in French
How to Apply
- How to Apply: You can apply via a straightforward online form. The online application is divided into the following four steps:
- Decide whether to apply (1) without a free study, (2) with the full award; (3) with a partial grant
- Complete the application form
- Attach the required documents
- Submit your application
- Language Requirements: A sound command of English. You must be able to show, via a recognized test, that your English is of a high enough standard to successfully engage with and complete your course at the Geneva Academy. This requirement does not apply if (1) your mother tongue is English; (2) you have taken an English-taught bachelor’s or master’s degree; (3) you have at least two years’ professional or academic experience in an English-speaking environment.
Benefit: The academy offers partial and full awards for our LLM. Partial awards cover tuition fees. Full awards cover tuition fees and living expenses in Geneva for 10 months.