The American University of Sharjah is offering Sharakah School Scholarships to pursue undergraduate programme. These opportunities are highly competitive and are awarded only in fall semesters.
The American University of Sharjah is a co-educational institution of higher education in the United Arab Emirates. It was founded in 1997 by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al-Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah.
User Review( votes)
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Award: Partner Sharakah Program Schools can nominate exceptional students from their school for the Sharakah School Scholarship which ranges from 50 to 100 percent remission on tuition, lab and housing (sharing for women and men, single and double for men only).
Number of Awards: This is a limited and competitive scholarship. Applicants with limited financial resources will be given priority in consideration.
The award can be taken in UAE
Eligibility: To be eligible a prospective applicant must meet the following requirements
- Demonstrate outstanding personal qualities and leadership abilities in school and the community
- Have made scientific or literary contributions to his/her local community
- Received special honours or awards for community service and school extracurricular activities
- Achieved a minimum average of 95 percent or equivalent in at least two of the last three years of his/her secondary education
Nationality: UAE students can apply for these endowments
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have the previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: English proficiency requirements for Spring Semester 2017 are:
- TOEFL: a minimum score of 80 on the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT), 550 on the Institutional Paper-based TOEFL, or
- IELTS: a minimum score of 6.5 on the Academic version
How to Apply: Applicants can be sent by post or via fax. Required Documents for Complete Applications are:
- The copy of high school transcripts (grades 10, 11, and 12).
- A letter of recommendation for this application from your school
- An essay that you have written about your aspirations and goals in life.
- Copies of certificates showing leadership in school and/or community and two reference letters.
- Original detailed and dated salary certificate signed by the authorised person and issued by the employer for both parents, and a copy of the labour contract duly stamped for both parents (International students must submit a copy of the employment contract for both parents). The salary certificate should clearly state the gross salary including all allowances and/or benefits such as education, housing, transportation, allowance for children education, bonus, etc. For self-employed persons: Audited profit and loss/financial statement for the last two to three years, a detailed original salary certificate and Statement of Shareholders current account, all issued by chartered auditors approved by AUS, must be provided. Salary certificates and audited profit and loss/financial statements must be provided in English. Translated documents must bear a professionally certified translator’s stamp and/or signature on every page and must be accompanied by the translated document in the original language. Compiled profit and loss/financial statements will not be accepted.
- The copy of parent(s) bank statement for the last one year where the salary is transferred regularly as per UAE Labor regulation for the year 2010 [Wages Protection System].
- Certificates verifying Education Tuition Fees for all family members [as mentioned in (4)].
- A copy of the rental contract for accommodation [as in (5)].
- Documents regarding loans [as in (5)] and special family circumstances [as in (6)].
- Passport copy (including visa page) of applicant and applicant’s parents.
- Any other information you consider relevant to your application.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for Fall Semester 2017 is June 15, 2017.