Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) has been established to encourage and support high-achieving outstanding students from outside the EU/EEA for the academic year 2023-24.
The funding program is open for international students commencing in an English-taught full-time LLM program starting in 2023 at Amsterdam Law School in the Netherlands.
Amsterdam Law School LLM Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) for Non-EU/EEA Students
Nice offer for non-EU/EEA students to study in the Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
The UvA is a top-100 university globally and one of Europe’s 15 best universities. Its Amsterdam Law School is one of the larger law faculties in the Netherlands, with over 5,000 students and more than 500 staff members.
Why at the University of Amsterdam? The UvA aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. At the Amsterdam Law School, students are offered an experience-oriented educational program unique in the Netherlands.
Application Deadline: 1 January 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Amsterdam
- Department: Faculty of Law: Amsterdam Law School
- Course Level: Master
- Award: € 8000 to € 16.000 per award
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2-3
- Nationality: Non-EU/EEA Citizens
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Students from outside the EU/EEA are eligible
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be presented for a master’s in law at the Faculty of Law: Amsterdam Law School.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Applicants must be admitted to a Master’s program at the UvA for the first time.
- Applicants must be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations as indicated by the Dutch Immigration Service (IND).
- Applicants must be enrolled at the UvA as full-time students for the academic year and program for which the scholarship is awarded.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: After being admitted for master’s study at the Amsterdam Law School, applicants can download Scholarship Application Form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must upload the following required documents in their scholarship application form: 1) Academic records (degree/certified transcripts, including GPA, 2) Two letters of recommendation, 3) CV, 4) a Letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) in which explain the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s program and the importance of receiving the scholarship, and 5) Proof of English proficiency.
- Admission Requirements: Before applying for this scholarship, the Amsterdam Graduate School of Law requires students to either: 1) be conditionally admitted, 2) have received confirmation from the university that their application has been forwarded to the selection committee of an English-taught LLM program starting in September.
- Language Requirement: All candidates must meet the English Language Proficiency requirements of the Standard earlier to their admission. The language skills are assessed by taking one of the following tests: TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge English Language Assessment.
The Amsterdam Law School could award 2-3 scholarships per year, ranging from € 8000 to € 16.000 per grant. The amount available for the academic year 2023-2024 is yet to be announced.